What's new

Action Log Horizon

PsionicFox

Future Man
Log Horizon is a cool anime from last season that is similar in vein to shows like SAO and .Hack, but I think it is a more interesting show than SAO. Season two started last week. Check it out. Its awesome!

Log Horizon is a cool anime from last season that is similar in vein to shows like SAO and .Hack, but I think it is a more interesting show than SAO. Season two started last week. Check it out. Its awesome!

I watched a bit; I actually felt it was a bit more superficial then SAO. Maybe partially because it seemed like there was less at stake, but I couldn't really get in to it. Perhaps I'll give it another shot.

Yeah, I also tried to get into it. I heard it gets better, but I never found the drive to give it that shot.

I find it more interesting because the NPC's become more real. And while no-one perma-dies like in SAO, they're still stuck. I think it interesting because they still have to deal with game rules, along with the fact that the game has evolved in certain ways. And I like the characters.

Another friend of mine wrote a review on this and it sounded decent. With your recommendation ill probably check it out as well after i read all of terra formars

Log Horizon is more about politics and dealing with the reality of being stuck in a game world. SAO focused more on relationships and was more about the internal journey of the characters.

The first season of SAO gets good after the arc where they go to Susukino to rescue the guild member that was stranded there. They decide to get organized and take a more long term look at their situation. Their interactions with the people of the land get more developed, and you start to care more about what's going on.

I actually like LH more than SAO. It feels like more happens in each episode.

I dig it. Like SAO, it's also based on light novels, so the mangas are lacking (especially if you like to power through stuff). I didn't know season 2 was airing! I'll definitely check it out. :]

Top Bottom