What's new

Motherfriggin Asperger's Syndromen

Razulian

The Mad Scientist
Well I've been wanting to speak about this for a while now:

Sooo, like most people already know, I have Asperger's Syndrome. So THAT is what was wrong with me since my childhood!
My brain isn't like that of a normal person... hell it's built pretty much differently, in fact I'm so different that I'm better yet also much worse than most people.

I can hardly talk and feel calm at the same time, I can't hold a conversation with someone without making it a monologue, I have issues with understanding people, I have issues with getting someone to understand what I'm saying.
I have a hard time getting "accepted" by other people, in groups I have issues with talking with everyone instead of just concentrating at that one friend.
I start to feel down when a person I like hardly pays attention to me, I can be put up with something small for days (for me something like that can be a big deal).
If I hear a joke that's directed towards me I can easily get angry, as if the person is mocking me (I got bullied from kindergarten to middle school and have learned ways of "defending" myself).
I just don't understand other people. Being cynical, behavioral probs etc...
That's the least of my social problems I can think of directly.

Here's some stuff I still remember from my childhood (or atleast stuff my mom told me):
New born - 3 years old: I cried a lot, I hardly understood anything and I only looked at stuff that looked interesting (like mechanical toys).
4 years old: My dad bough me my first set of K'nex, at age 9 I had so many parts that I built a functional rifle (which ofcourse shot trough thick layers of cardboard and CDs) - getting severely bullied
5 years old: our first computer at our house - made a friend at school
6 years old: causing lots of computer crashes, dad proceeds to get a book on fixing computer problems as he's tired of paying the IT guy. - Issues with teacher, teacher pulling my hair and me yelling/getting angry at the teacher.
7 years old: built my first computer. - changed schools, matters got worse.
8 years old: fell in love with a girl, never knew how to approach her and or say something (atleast I protected her when some guy tried to hit her and hurt her, ofcourse I didn't have a scratch but he did :p) & after a while I told her that I was in love with her but I still never talked with her. She was all shocked. - Started gaming, woohoo!
9 years old: more issues at school - me fighting with 3 people at the same time and WINNING, counsilor gets angry at me and not the other's (the other three were twins + a nephew and the counsilor was a family member of theirs).
10 years old: everyday going to school was a problem, I never wanted to go to school since I got bullied (e.g. bottle of urine thrown at me). I still wanted to become friends but yet I still was and would be the Martian.
11 years: new teacher, became friends and I would always talk with him about phylosophical and industrial stuff during the breaks.
12 years: started at middle school, made one friend and got interested in a very smart girl but still never was able to talk with anyone properly. I hardly knew enough words.
13 years: started talking with the girl via social networks, never said a word in real life as I easily got scared/panicked.
14y: girl finds out I've got a crush on her and my scores at school are very bad. Best scores in class, my hidden smartness comes ashore (people though I was dumb but when my brain was developed far enough I was able to use the stuff I learned since my childhood on discovery channel/history channel/wikipedia/... since my childhood).
15y: changed middle school (fyi, high school = middle school in Belgium)., just after I found out that I had Asperger's (I diagnosed myself after I read about Adrian Lamo and went to a psychologist to check if it was true, the social workers told me that I should change school).
15y 2: smartest student at school, able to do insane stuff with computers. Got an insane amount of help from people to get better socializing (which helped A LOT!). I fell in love with a girl at the new school (and still am, she's pretty good in electronics!).
16y year 4 middle school: woohoo, teachers are talking about how smart I am and I seem a lot like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.
16y Year 5 middle school: scores are a bit low, still best in class. Started playing GW2 & met peeps from AltTabMe, first girlfriend (only took a week till we broke up, atleast she was hot!).
almost 17 (right now): started taking risperidone, the stuff makes me behave quite as much as a normal person (though I can be a bit irritating now and then). Pretty sleepy, weight gain,...

This is a pretty rough summary of some milestones in my life. Ofc the best things are written here, most bad stuff is left out (I have the ability of totally erasing memories).

I'm pretty good at computers, it's kinda the only thing I'm good at. I easily yell at other people (but don't right now 'cuz of the Risperidone). I got anxious/cried sometimes before the use of the medication (I can get overwhelmed by my own emotions quite easily, that's why the Risperidone was for in the first place).
One side effect I should mention is severe weight gain, I gained 11lbs and weigh 133 pounds now in two weeks.

PS: And yes, I am still angry at that teacher who pulled my hair. I'm thinking of visiting him some day.

-I've calmed down a bit in my head so I'm going to stop writing at this point, but I might continue when I feel like doing so-

It was originally a movement for GLBT teens. It gained a lot of traction and had celebs posting videos and whatnot. I don't know if it has expanded to include other groups of disenfranchised teens, but it should.

"It gets better" was started by a sex advice columnist, Dan Savage and his husband to help gay teens. They started this after a series of suicides of gay teens who were bullied.

I gotta say, your OP is one of the best things I've read for awhile. I commented when you first posted on the forum that you were someone who could take over the world. I was more right than I realized.

I think you journey is fascinating and inspiring. Don't sweat the idiots, just do your thing.

Sometimes I suspect my whole family to be somewhere on the 'milder' end of the Autism spectrum. My bother got a diagnosis of Aspergers, but claims it was a wrong diagnosis. I do think he's always been quick to anger when someone said the wrong thing...usually my mum. My mum has OCD tendancies and my dad pretty much never really talked to/played with my brother or I while he was alive.

As for me, well, I was convinced that all the girls and most of the guys in my school hated me for no good reason whatsoever. Actually I'm still convinced that that was true...

So age 18 and I head to uni and I discover - its not that I was wrong about school - most people in the world really are dumb fucks who will never find their own arse even with both hands and a map.
Age 19: betrayed by university social group, have three days to find housing for next year and new friends. Success, lifelong friends acquired.
Age 20-21: Uni life is great. So girls exist huh?
Age 22: Masters degree in isolated campus. Oh, right people are shit. I forgot. Racked up hundreds of hours of GW1 and TF2. Kept in touch with Uni friends. First real relationship with friend of close friend from Uni.
Age 23: Moved to Australia on scholarship. No one knows who I am! Pretend to be sociable, but its a massive effort. Three months later, met person who would become fiancé on bus while learning to drive. Adopted her geeky friends. Win!

Age 28: Still not sure if I want to do science for the rest of my career, but not having to talk to people most days is really awesome. Have a loving fiancé and a small group of core friends I talk to daily. People in general are still shit, but life is good.

Those are my major social milestones, as I see them. Good and bad, they define me.

"It gets better" was started by a sex advice columnist, Dan Savage and his husband to help gay teens. They started this after a series of suicides of gay teens who were bullied.
I didn't realize he was the first. He's a local guy to me. His column in The Pitch, the KU newspaper out of Lawrence, KS. I can't say I agree with all of his ideals, but he's done some really positive things for hurting people.

edit- lol. I just looked him up. He's actaully not local, I had just assumed since that paper was where I always saw his column. He's actually in Chicago.

How did the date go man?!! I must say, I was a little proud of you for asking her out :D (this is indirectly related to the thread :p )

You can always count on my support, Raz. Sure, we may only know each other through the magic of the internet, but you're a much better person than many I know in real life. Keep being who you are and I'm sure you'll eventually find your niche in life, complete with friends (and ladies) who like you for who you are.

How did the date go man?!! I must say, I was a little proud of you for asking her out :D (this is indirectly related to the thread :p )
Apparently she's an smoking addict (seriously, she smoked 4 cigarettes when we were walking in total!), she was going to smoke some weed with some guy after the date. In the theater I was holding her, she laid her head on my shoulder.
She ran away from home and was already gone for about a week now and that's the reason why she was able to go with me (she didn't go to work either).
In short: she's not my type.

...Atleast hit her ass when she said "Ilhan you're pretty sweet, you wouldn't even spank me!", ofc. she was laughing when I did it (atleast I know when something is okay to do :p)

Yeah, walking ashtrays aren't my type either. But, hey, it's great to practice with some one you aren't planning on keeping.

Holy crap Raz that is like the worst scenario I have heard for a first date haha. You need stability. You deserve it! Good for you for saying no. How old was said girl that is into all this stuff?

Tristan I have honestly no idea of how old she was, I'm guessing 17.
(I met her via my neighbour, she's his ex. She wanted to get together with me again since I'm a nice guy and stuff).

Tristan I have honestly no idea of how old she was, I'm guessing 17.
(I met her via my neighbour, she's his ex. She wanted to get together with me again since I'm a nice guy and stuff).

That is really weird... Why would your neighbor who is her ex try to hook you two up? lol

Top Bottom