What's new

My new phone carrier, Google Fi

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
There have been a few posts here and there about ting as a phone carrier. I switched from T-mobile to ting because they saved me about 65 bucks a month. Ting uses the sprint network and you only pay for what you use. Since my usage is low I only pay about 25 to 35 bucks a month on ting.

Now I found Ting on steroids.

Google Fi does almost the same thing as Ting. Fi charges $20 a month for unlimited phone and text and then only $10 per gig of data. They also pro rate any data not used or used over your plan at the same rate. So it really comes out to $0.10 per meg of data.

But the best part of Google Fi is that they don't just use sprint towers like Ting does. They seamlessly bounce between Sprint towers, T-Mobile towers and Wi-Fi if you can connect. Just like Ting any usage on Wi-Fi is free.

There are 2 downsides, first you need to use a Google Nexus 6 phone to be on the plan right now. In the future they will expand the phones you can use. Second, its invite only and it takes about a month to get them to invite you in. I just got my invite on friday and I get my phone today.

It was a no brainer for me, I wanted a new phone and this gives me more coverage with more data at the same price as ting.

If you think it may be for you check it out.
https://fi.google.com/

$10 a gig? damn. Was hoping for a deal. $30 unlimited and creeping my monthly average to over 15 gigs a month it is!

how the hell do you use 15 gigs off wi-fi on your phone? Probably because your computer isn't a laptop. I personally use my laptop for almost all my wi-fi needs and my data usage on my phone is rarely above 100 megs.

how the hell do you use 15 gigs off wi-fi on your phone? Probably because your computer isn't a laptop. I personally use my laptop for almost all my wi-fi needs and my data usage on my phone is rarely above 100 megs.

I stream spotify at work and don't use their wifi haha. I generally don't use wifi unless I'm home. At this point it's kind of a "use all the data I can because fuck you"

Home = wi-fi, work = wi-fi for me

I use wi-fi 90% of my waking day on my laptop. my phone bill can pound sand imo

If you use a ton of data on your phone this plan is not for you. If not its pretty sweet.

Big data users like "Mr. I film full length feature films on my phone" should probably get an unlimited plan from Verizon.

(I'm jealous because you are doing something awesome with your life, don't mind me.)

Top Bottom