What's new

My ongoing journal: Sea of Thieves

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
So that was interesting, First game of sea of thieves mics were so loud it hurt. Got stranded in teh sea in the middle of some weird battle, quit.

Rejoined, met some little kid who was super nice and a guy without a mic that was very good and communicated with the preset words. We did missions and I played them music and told pirate jokes, outran a Megaladon and threw buckets of water at each other.

Then we met with a shady group of people, who invited us to an alliance to help on their ship to get the water and repair the walls during a skeleton battle. We did, we won, they killed us right before turn in. They forgot to remove us from alliance so we still got rewards.

We chased them down, killed a few, sunk their ship, then they re-spawned and told us how we needed to learn to pirate.. weirdos. Some middle aged southern guy trying to compensate for shitty life choices me thinks. He knew we were brand new, but had something to prove and res killed us once on a new island.

The young kid was super nice even though he was kinda upset, we bought new clothes, looked less newb, and then we went out on a mission together got some chests and logged off after it. All in all did a great job, had fun, got back stabbed, and day 1 of Sea of Thieves, Complete.

Last edited:
This game continues to amaze me, I was on an island, when a strike of lightning struck in the distance, as I am exclaiming "Oh look I think a storm is out there!" the clouds began to get darker on half the island I was on and a thunder boom roared over the horizon. As I continued on the island searching for treasure, the clouds began to block the sun on the half of the island I was on and rain fell from the sky. The soundscape enthralled me!

I ran in the rain with my loot chest to the ship on the other end as quickly as I could to avoid skeletons. Half way across, the sky was clear, the sun lit up the foliage, but if I turned or looked up the sky was split down the middle, a storm pushing its way for total dominance of the sky. The crackling of lightning rang out as we got to the boat. We saw a streak of lightning come down across the bow into the water. It was so immersive I stopped everything I was doing to gaze in wonderment.

The seas were now green and choppy. Everything around me had changed, dynamically, and filled my ears with orgasms.

This my friends is why I am loving my time in Sea of Thieves at the moment. I am absolutely lost in the amount of details they have put into even something as "simple" as a weather system.

Top Bottom