What's new

Name the Video Star

Cheese

Watching a few videos by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers I noticed there were a hell of a lot of celebs in his videos, like a hell of a lot. I probably noticed it a little bit back in the day, but it's almost amazing now.

So.... ( drawn out evil voice plus villain finger tap )

Here's a new drinking / forum game ( self made stadium cheers )

Drinking game:
--GOOGLE is ONLY for verification of answers, any other use of interwebs = auto loss--

Name the celebrity in the video by an identifiable, but obscure role.

For example : Into the Great Wide Open

Any of the characters are open but let's take Faye Dunaway
Someone could say Bonnie & Clyde, now everyone has to find a less famous movie she was in.
( anyone can call the first movie and thus the celeb, but first call gets it and all others must play suit using that cleb )
Um... Ahh... Network
HAHA! The Thomas Crown Affair
Muahahahah The Thomas Crown Affair 1999 bitch!

and so on and so forth untl the video ends.
The person who can properly reference the most obscure role wins and passes the round without drinking a pre detirmined ammount.
Then next video plays.

(Short List)
I won't Back Down
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Don't Come Around Here No More
Free Fallin
Into the Great Wide Open
Yer So Bad

FORM GAME REDUX:
People in the forum name a character from anywhere in any of the videos on the previous list and we little interweb divers must find the link to the proper video, naming the Video from which this long link of random interwebs junctions is connected to.
Oh, and just like math class YOU MUST SHOW YOUR WORK.

So, say I were to say Lt. Barclay likes his Pathfinder project the easy and obvious answer is Yer So Bad as Dwight Schultz was in the video and Lt. Barclay in the Voyager series.

However if I were to say Drugged Milk as the clue

The next step would be B.A. Baracus from A-Team
Because he needed to be drugged to get on a plane
Who was partners with Howling Mad Murdock
Who was played by Dwight Schultz
Who is in the video Yer So Bad

~WINNAH~
(although all you win is interwebs nerd cred)

*** Obviously these exact same rules can be applied to any music video / band so long as a list of videos to chose from is provided ***

My puny brain cannot comprehend. Can you throw in an ezmode example with some contemporary celebs?

//edit. Cheese, to clarify my unclarity...

• Why is the second Tom Petty video linked? I see no actors there, only the band.
  • In the examples you gave, riddles were given ("Lt. Barclay likes his Pathfinder project" & "Drugged Milk"), but in the first clue it's a movie title ("The Wrestler 2008"). Why? Is it because either can be a starter?
My best guest from the Wrestler is Evan Rachel Wood. She was in “Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends”, but I don't think I'm doing it right.

Top Bottom