What's new

GW2 NEW info for Guild Missions /drool

Drac

Ripped this from MMORPG.com, they've also got info on the rest of the February Patch:

MMORPG: Let’s talk about the Guild Missions now, as I know my own guild is going to be stoked about them. Can you give us some examples of how they’ll work, and what they’ll be about?
COLIN: The guild mission system is a really exciting advancement of our event system, and for guilds worldwide. The system allows people in a guild to work together to unlock guild upgrades that allow them to go on missions together. These missions can be kicked off by the specific guild that has researched that mission, but once they are activated, anyone can jump in and participate to help the guild finish the mission if they wish. The missions are designed such that some components of the mission can only be completed by the guild themselves, but each of them has aspects other players can assist with as well, so everyone has something they can do during the mission.
FebUpdate2_t.jpg
Effectively, this system allows guilds to literally create content across the world for everyone to experience. When one of these missions is created, often times you’ll see a banner with the guilds name and emblem that created the content. This serves two purposes. It’s a great recruiting tool for guilds to find players by having them join them on missions and if they stand out, inviting them to the guild. It also means guilds will really gain notoriety on their world; you’ll get to know the guilds creating this content and those guilds will become more famous and important in the community.
There are multiple categories of guild missions that a guild can kick off, and within each category there are numerous different challenges to overcome worldwide.
To give an example, one category is the guild rush. When a guild creates a guild rush in the world at one of the rush locations, a timer begins and the rush has to be completed X number of times within the allotted time in order for the guild to succeed. If the required number (or more) of players complete the mission before the timer runs out, the guild gets a reward which can be traded for guild-wide bonuses. Anyone can help the guild get their reward by joining in the guild rush and trying to complete it, but the rush doesn’t end until the timer runs out, so everyone can get a chance to complete it even if the minimum requirement for success is surpassed.
For personal motivation, anyone who completes the rush at least once will receive a personal reward regardless of if they are in the sponsoring guild or not. Also, anyone who was in the guild that kicked off the mission receives an extra different type of reward, which can be traded in for a new category of personal guild rewards that can only be earned through the guild mission system.
MMORPG: Will there be guild missions for PVP, WvW, dungeons, or will they all be in the open world?
COLIN: On the initial release of this system, guild missions will be PvE only, and will occur entirely in the open world. The goals of this system are to help make guilds more well known on their world, provide larger motivation to join a guild, to help drive players to every corner of our open world where they will run into other players and build stronger social experiences, to create a much larger diversity of content in our open world, and to allow players to specifically create content in our world for everyone to experience.
FebUpdate3_t.jpg
We’ll continue to expand this system in the future and add additional guild missions within the categories provided, as well as look at options for new categories of guild missions as well. We haven’t ruled out the possibility these could expand beyond PvE, or beyond the open world, but for now our major focus is on strengthening our open world experience as much as possible and making the living world of GW2 truly shine.
MMORPG: What sort of rewards can guilds obtain by completing them?
COLIN: There are a number of new rewards available from this system, from items specifically for players who complete the missions to rewards and upgrades for the guild itself. Guilds have a lot of new unlocks and really great bonuses they can purchase as a result of completing these missions. For example, you can purchase cheaper waypoint costs for your entire guild while the bonus is active.
Personal reward options vary from luxury goods and new types of items, to fun guild related stuff. One example of a personal reward you can buy I think is especially fun is a transform that turns you into your guild’s banner :eek:mg: . It’s perfect for taunting enemies from the walls of a keep in WvW and reminding them who just stomped their face!

I mentioned this before, but whenever possible, I'll be running Guild Missions Wednesday Evening (and hopefully do some recruiting, with the blessing of the rest of the guild). Because my schedule can fluctuate, I won't be doing anything formal like sign-ups, just be on Wednesday evening and I'll be running something when I can!

Uhm. Sick. Roll call time again me thinks haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the idea of these, especially since we have a few means of advertising to the yaks bend community for when we do em. I would love to see some of the more server friendly ones be done on the weekend when we can recruit tons like the example they give of guild rush.

Couple more updates/speculations from the ole twitter box:

Huge WvW change, quick translation is that the orange combat-indicators on the map won't actually trigger until a certain amount of people/zerg hits the spot. Going to allow for way more 'stealth' missions and the requirement to actually post sentries around.
  • Colin: There will be 5 types of guild missions built with influence. Bounty is one of them, available in different difficulties #foodwars
  • Colin: Modifications to the commander book are coming, with more features. Will remain character bound #foodwars
  • Colin: Looking at new player experiences and continually making the game accessible for them as it launches in new regions #foodwars
  • Colin: WvW updates will not introduce new skills. Will bring passive abilities aimed towards group play eg. Extra supply #foodwars
  • Colin: All the bosses in AC have been completely rebuilt for the February release. Some of the open world champions will be too
  • Colin: Orange swords in WvW won’t show if there are less than ~25 people after February’s update (unsure exact number) #foodwars
  • @PoisonedAce Nope, just more interesting and less boring. Think of fractals encounters. ~Tilion [regarding AC]
  • Colin: Guild missions will be taking place in Southsun Cove #foodwars
  • Colin: There will be other legendaries in the future. Priority is resolving ways to get precursors, including the scavenger hunt 1/2
  • Colin: Possibility of new legendary types (ie not weapons) and combinations. #foodwars

Leah Rivera on New Guild Missions

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/leah-rivera-on-new-guild-missions/

Do you like games? How about friends? What about games with friends?
If you said yes to any of those, pull up a chair, because I think you’ll like what I have to tell you. I’m Leah Rivera, your friendly representative of the Guild Content team. My team and I have been working on a system to better support an important part of Guild Wars 2: guilds! So sit back and take a gander at what we have in store for you in February.
Our team’s primary goal was to create a solid foundation to support PvE guild play. We wanted to create a feature that provided guild members with fun things to do together now, and could be expanded to support new styles of content in the future. To do that, we’ve created a system with three key features: guild missions, guild merits and an expanded unlock system.
Guild missions are a new, unlockable, gameplay type that your guild can earn through the guild tech tree. These missions are all aimed at group, coordinated play, so kicking off a mission without anyone around to help you isn’t advisable.
“But what if my guild is super small?” you may say? Not to worry—all these missions take place in the persistent world, which gives you the ability to rally people from the surrounding countryside and maybe make some new friends in the process!
February’s release will include the following mission types:
  • Guild Bounty – Your guild is tasked with tracking down and capturing various targets for the Orders. These people are wanted for a variety of reasons and have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves to resist arrest!
  • Guild Trek – Think you know Tyria? Well the Tyrian Explorer’s Society has a challenge for you! Find the list of locations before time runs out.
  • Guild Challenge – These challenges leverage our existing event system but are specifically geared to require multi-group, coordinated play to succeed. So gather your guild and see if you’re up to the challenge!
  • Guild Rush – Test your skills with a mad dash over harrowing terrain, traps, and other hidden dangers. Just remember, there’s safety in numbers!
  • Guild Puzzle – It’s a puzzle and a jumping challenge all in one! This mission type requires multi-group coordination as well as individual jumping skills to get to the treasure at the end.
“Those all sound super fun, but what do I get?” do I hear? Besides personal rewards, you will earn Guild Merits by completing missions. These Merits display your accomplishments in the guild panel and can be used to unlock new guild upgrades. This expanded unlock system will include new rewards like combo banners, gold find bonus, reduced waypoint costs and, of course, the missions themselves.
I look forward to hunting bounties and solving puzzles with you all come February. If you’re game, see you there!
c6d25Guild-Content-2-USED-590x331.jpg

I would love to have guild nights every once or twice a week, like every saturday and sunday.

Top Bottom