What's new

No Game, No Life.

dainjre

Generously Compensated Establishment Provocateur
So as most of you know... I hate taking time out of my busy schedule to actually sit there and watch an anime, because I like to read manga while I poo instead. Well, the time has finally come where an anime is good enough for me to watch it. I present to you all... No Game, No Life.

No Game, No Life is obviously a battle type anime, because thats what I mainly like to read and watch. However, its more of a non-direct battle type, similar to Bakuman where most of the "battles" take place mentally instead of physically. The show also has a lot of humor and is not extremely ecchi so you dont feel uncomfortable watching it. I would definitely recommend checking it out.

It reminds me very similarly to anime's like Akagi and Kaiji, gambling anime's with a set theme/purpose. The theme to NGNL is closer to a "Sword Art Online" scenario, but takes the story telling approach closer to Kaiji, but with the character style of Deathnote, and an art theme quite unique.

For another Light Novel adaption I have to say I was quite impressed, and very excited to watch the last two episodes tonight. I know it's not selling well in Japan, so a second season is unlikely (especially with a lack of a backlog of source material), but I will most likely jump onto the novels once they are translated.

Checking it out on Hulu now. This made me laugh...

XFBiGgb.png

I can't wait for the 2nd half of the first season.

Neither can I, I've almost exhausted the list of animes that have been posted in the section of the forums and I'm waiting for more to update. I like how thought out everything is in this show.

Top Bottom