What's new

Nostalgia - A rant about TV

Razulian

The Mad Scientist
This is probably my shortest rant... EVER!

As some of you know while growing up I always watched old cartoons on TV thanks to Cartoon Network and Boomerang. 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's; I pretty much only watched cartoons and shows from those years up until I was about 10 (that's when we didn't have satellite TV anymore and I started going on the PC instead of the time I'd watch TV)).

Things like SWAT Cats, He-Man, BraveStarr, Transformers and the list goes on and on. Heck there were the Hanna-Barbera shows like SnagglePuss and Magilla Gorilla... oh man I miss all that! Not to mention Thunderbirds!

I know that CW went crap, and looking at Boomerang's schedule it has changed quite a lot. It's so bad that I don't see the use of hooking up satellite TV to my computer again.

Nostalgia, nostalgia and even more nostalgia...

I grew up on Thundercats, He-Man, Transformers, and G.I. Joe. I still have most of the first generation of Transformer toys, though they are all in a box mixed together.

I loved those old cartoons, and not so much a fan of the new one aimed at kids. I think that is more from the fact that I have different sensibilities now vs the cartoons being more crap. I like the adult swim stuff though like Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Some "kid's" shows nowadays are actually some of the best programs on television. Namely Adventure Time and Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra.

The second season of Korra just started, but you should really watch from the beginning of the previous series if you haven't. It handles characterization and setting ten times more effectively than shows that are presumably for adults. Especially the women.

OH MY GOD! Sailor Moon!
I watched that show so many times as a kid... many because there weren't any other cartoons on TV then. lol

EDIT:
Because Sailor Moon.

The following video could possibly ruin your childhood.

what.

Some "kid's" shows nowadays are actually some of the best programs on television. Namely Adventure Time and Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra.

The second season of Korra just started, but you should really watch from the beginning of the previous series if you haven't. It handles characterization and setting ten times more effectively than shows that are presumably for adults. Especially the women.

Starblazers and Speedracer were my 'go-to' shows as a kid. Oh.. and, not a cartoon, but the original Batman with Adam West.

These had the best intros ever. I had the Swat Kats intro as my ring tone for the longest time.

And since we're on nostalgia lane.

I grew up on the Disney afternoon cartoons of the '90's. There were several great shows, but if I have to pick my fave...

No contest.

There's no denying the Ducktales. However, it was not a part of Disney afternoon which consisted of Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Gargoyles, and that other FANTASTIC show: TALESPIN!

Top Bottom