What's new

Wildstar Open Beta Announced - May 8th to May 18th!

I should be able to get some open PvP and dungeons done! What are you looking forward to doing?

It’s finally here! Open Beta will be starting on May 8th and we have all of the details how you can jump in on the action. From May 8th to May 18th, you will be able to visit our Open Beta page to request a key, and then hop into WildStar to experience content up to level 30. If you have already participated in any other WildStar beta event, including beta weekends and stress tests, you don’t need a new key. Just patch up, and you’re good to go!
And for more of your reading pleasure, check out below for five wild things you can do on your way to level 30!
Farside – You ever want to go to the moon and float around while swinging a massive sword into badass, vicious, people eating extra-terrestrials? Me too. Now you that you’ve hit level 30, travel to Farside and get some space between you and the planet Nexus.
Galeras Adventure – Tower defense just became a whole lot more epic. You and four friends are all that stands between an invading force and holding the fort before reinforcements can arrive. The opposing faction is going to throw everything they’ve got against you: Tanks, missile strikes, snipers, stealth assassins, and some hulking military commandos are trying to make your life hell while you are holding for reinforcements… maybe you should return the favor and kick some ass, cupcake!
Two New Abilities – Kicking ass is pretty awesome. Now you can kick MORE ass with two new abilities that are unlocked for your class at level 30.
New Ability Slot – Hot damn, at level 30 you can unlock the final ability slot! Why don’t you buy a new ability and throw that into your brutality rotation!
Tier Points – Power up your abilities to continue to become an even bigger ass kicker. Or don’t. Whatever, that’s cool too.
See you on Nexus!

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/open-beta-is-coming-may-8/

I wonder if I could boot it up from my previous beta install. All that fun you guys seem to be having is making me want to find some time to play. Still won't be buying it probably.

Got this email today:

Open Beta Is Upon Us And That Means Name Reservation!
We're excited to announce that on May 8th, we will be starting Open Beta! Through May 18th, you'll be able to continue to explore Nexus up to level 30, and get familiar with exploring, fighting and questing as we make our way towards head start and launch!
As part of pre-ordering WildStar, you'll be able to make an even bigger mark on Nexus by registering one character and one guild name prior to launch! That means your desired name will be safer than a datachron in a Draken's dreadlocks. Try saying that three times fast.
The name reservation page will only be available from May 13th through May 23rd, so be sure you check back to the site early so you can get your top choice, as reservations are first come, first serve. We will also have a FAQ section on the name reservation page that'll fill you in on all of your questions, including name restrictions, which servers the name will be saved to, and more.
See you on Nexus!

Pay special attention to the name and guild name reservation portion. Might wanna jump on this.

Awesome, i should be there late tomorrow night. need to work late to knock out some reports.

I'll be patching and jumping in tonight. I'm really interested to see the improvements that have been made since closed beta.

I am loving the open beta. I have a question though, and I'm sure it is a noob one, is there a [TAB] presence in the open beta? I found out about this guild from the wildstar guilds site and have been on the forums reading the stickies but I haven't seen any mention of a server and faction for the guild for the beta. It would be awesome to meet some of the folks in the guild and find out if we all click before I ask to join.

I am loving the open beta. I have a question though, and I'm sure it is a noob one, is there a [TAB] presence in the open beta? I found out about this guild from the wildstar guilds site and have been on the forums reading the stickies but I haven't seen any mention of a server and faction for the guild for the beta. It would be awesome to meet some of the folks in the guild and find out if we all click before I ask to join.

We are currently on the Exiles side of Pergo, but we do have a guild! Many members were on Nexus during CBT and have stayed there during BW1-4 and Open Beta, so it's not a 100% complete roster, but we do typically have people online everyday! Everyone should have access to inviting, so pop on mumble and ask for an invite.

Many people are just logging for boxes at this point of the beta though, as some of us don't want to get that Beta Burnout feeling, but we still have people who are pretty active everyday for the open beta :)

Thanks! That makes sense. I am currently on Nexus but I could come over to pergo and hang out. I have been in the betas to get a feel for all of the classes and try and find a good fit for me. Do the folks on Nexus have an AltTabMe guild or community?

Thanks! That makes sense. I am currently on Nexus but I could come over to pergo and hang out. I have been in the betas to get a feel for all of the classes and try and find a good fit for me. Do the folks on Nexus have an AltTabMe guild or community?

I believe they do, but I'm pretty sure almost all of the people on Nexus have obtained what they wanted in beta so they are just waiting for launch now. If you need a tank for a dungeon though, let me know and I can bring my Warrior from Pergo to tank some stuff :)

Sweet! I think I will wander over to Pergo and make an alt. That way I can say hi to folks and see if you all think I am crazy, terrible, a blight on the lands, and your kind of people.

Sweet! I think I will wander over to Pergo and make an alt. That way I can say hi to folks and see if you all think I am crazy, terrible, a blight on the lands, and your kind of people.

Haha, you can do that now with the chat box and forum posts on the site too! Most of us are usually pretty chatty during work hours. Today is an irregularly slow day.

Top Bottom