What's new

Origin Return Policy... nice!

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
GreatGameGuarantee_590x350_EN.png

When you play a game for the first time, you expect it to rock – to be worth every nickel you spent on it. We expect that too. And while we can't guarantee that you'll never encounter a glitch (hard as we might try), we can guarantee that we'll make it right if something goes wrong.

The Origin Great Game Guarantee: If you don't love it, just return it!

You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) and participating third party titlespurchased on Origin for a full refund. Refund requests can be made within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game’s release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. And if you purchase a new EA game within the first 30 days of its release date and can’t play it due to technical reasons within EA’s control, you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24.
Here's how to return a game with the Great Game Guarantee:
  1. Visit your Order History and select the Request a Refund link next to any eligible product.
  2. Complete and submit the Refund Request Form.
  3. You'll get a response within 48 hours and your refund within 10 days.
For more information, you can check out the Great Game Guarantee Policy.

Well this is an awesome step in the right direction.

I believe Steam is doing something similar. http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/. I've pulled out basically the same contents below.

Where Refunds Apply

The Steam refund offer, within two weeks of purchase and with less than two hours of playtime, applies to games and software applications on the Steam store. Here is an overview of how refunds work with other types of purchases.

Refunds on Downloadable Content
(Steam store content usable within another game or software application, "DLC")

DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase.

Refunds on In-game Purchases

Steam will offer refund for in-game purchases within any Valve-developed games within forty-eight hours of purchase, so long as the in-game item has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Third-party developers will have the option to enable refunds for in-game items on these terms. Steam will tell you at the time of purchase if the game developer has opted to offer refunds on the in-game item you are buying. Otherwise, in-game purchases in non-Valve games are not refundable through Steam.

Refunds on Pre-Purchased Titles

When you pre-purchase a title on Steam (and have paid for the title in advance), you can request a refund at any time prior to release of that title. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund period also applies, starting on the game’s release date.

I think this is a great system for PC games though. It allows you to check the game out for a few hours and see if you really enjoy it or not. A lot of times there are these new games that are super hyped that come with a lot of server issues. I'm sure a few people would like a refund if they buy a game that just isn't running right yet.

I think this is a great system for PC games though. It allows you to check the game out for a few hours and see if you really enjoy it or not. A lot of times there are these new games that are super hyped that come with a lot of server issues. I'm sure a few people would like a refund if they buy a game that just isn't running right yet.

Damn straight! Great idea and I love it a lot. Specially if you jump on pre order hype at some point and get burned.

I think this is probably bullshit. With the way EA nickel and dimes everything I'm sure they will deny a ton of returns.

According to people on the web, if you stay within the limits set above, they don´t make a fuss about it.

Easy try and return is one of the few things I like about games moving to digital without physical boxes.

I don't think it quite overcomes the negatives, namely no resale value, companies releasing partial games and having to pay more for the rest, and the concept of the consumer simply purchasing a license to use the software, not actually owning it.

Top Bottom