What's new

Pacquiao vs Mayweather - May 2nd

There was a lot of hype a few years back because Mayweather kept turning down Pacquiao's request for a match. The video in the OP is a joke about this. The community often said that Mayweather was only undefeated because he wouldn't accept matches against better boxers and that's why he kept turning down Pacquiao. This isn't entirely true because he did fight several very good boxers, but IMO, the situation enhanced Pacquiao's image nonetheless.

George Foreman states that this fight could be one of the biggest matchups in over 30 years (24:08 in the vid) (since Muhammed Ali vs. Joe Frazier, 1971).

Pacquiao is a very aggressive fighter:

Mayweather is a very defensive fighter and counterpuncher:

Pacquiao's financial situation has been in the media for a while, so Mayweather commented that Pac just agreed to the fight because he needed the money. In reply, Pacquiao said that he would donate all of his earnings from the fight if Mayweather did the same. Mayweather declined.

For me, it's kind of fight between a huge greedy asshole (Mayweather is the currently the highest paid athlete) against a pretty humble guy. I'm rooting for Pacquiao on principle.

//edit - found an expanded version for the first video.

I just saw all the belts for this fight today was doing a photoshoot of them next to me. They look amazing.

I threw a 1d2 to figure out who would win. This is the result:
znXvVo8.jpg

Top Bottom