What's new

Pacquiao vs Mayweather - May 2nd

[DOUBLEPOST=1430628787,1430627832][/DOUBLEPOST]Mayweather wins after the 12 round by points. I'm still a pac fan.

I'll copy my response I just posted from FB.

I'm not that upset that Mayweather won. I'm more upset that Pacquiao seemed to just... Wave the white flag after six rounds. Yeah, Pac got May in the corner quite a few times, but never seemed to take advantage. They pussyfooted around for too long.

I expected more of a bang from this fight. The fact that it went to such a heavy unanimous decision... Jeez.

Can someone give me talking points about the fight? I want to sound intelligent tomorrow at work when people talk about it lol

Mayweather fought his fight. Smart with a lot of dodging clinching (most people will call it hugging) and counterpunching. He stayed away from Pacquiao most of the time unless he felt he was behind on points then he would make sure and score a lot.

Pacquiao never got his game plan going, which was to punch more than Mayweather and get inside to do damage. Pacquiao is a stronger fighter and just never got to use it. he had a few rounds where he had Mayweather backed up on the ropes and was throwing flurries of punches, but never did damage. He landed a few hard shots but not nearly enough.

They were even on punches thrown which always favors Mayweather. Mayweather actually got more punches landed. Most of this was because Mayweather is taller and had longer reach. He kept Pacquiao on the outside with jabs and when Pacquiao got inside Mayweather got out of the way then counter punched to score points and win rounds.

All in all it was a very technical yet boring fight since Pacquiao couldn't do what he wanted and Mayweather played it safe, only risking things when he had to win a round. If either was more aggressive it would have been better to watch, more damage done, and a good chance of a knockout on either side.

After reading boxing fans explain it I understand why douchebag won. I can also see how Manny had some opportunities and didn't take him.

Bottom line is boxing is boring as shit. The most hilarious thing is Mayweather milked a ton of people out of their money to watch that snorefest. He's also a continual domestic abuser which he no doubt throws money at.

that was the first and last full boxing match I will watch. I actually enjoyed the first fight a lot more than the main event. Watching that Ukrainian work was impressive.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wow... reading all these comments feels like the letdown after an MMO launches and you get off the hype train.

I've never watched a full boxing match, but I know a lot of my friends were looking forward to this fight. It's a shame that it sounds like it didn't live up to the hype.

wow... reading all these comments feels like the letdown after an MMO launches and you get off the hype train.
it surprises me that anyone expected anything different from Mayweather than exactly what we got. He will always fight a smart technical defensive fight because that's what judges score. The only time he comes out of that defensive mode is when he is behind on points. The only time he knocks someone out is when they are either too reckless or not good enough to play the chess match he is playing and they leave themselves open to easy shots.

perfect example is the Mayweather vs Ortiz fight. Ortiz headbutts Mayweather. Ref stops the fight and takes a point away from Ortiz. The fighters are brought back together, told to fight, and Ortiz goes to hug / say sorry. Mayweather throws 2 quick punches while Ortiz isn't defending himself and knocks out Ortiz. Completely legal, but totally a cheap win.

it surprises me that anyone expected anything different from Mayweather than exactly what we got. He will always fight a smart technical defensive fight because that's what judges score.

That's what my friends who actually watch boxing said... that it was exactly like he normally plays. I'm ignorant so my perception is purely based on people's reactions.

That's what my friends who actually watch boxing said... that it was exactly like he normally plays. I'm ignorant so my perception is purely based on people's reactions.

I didn't know this though. I don't follow boxing and only knew some basic info on both of them beforehand. I can see why people would be unhappy thpugh

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This feels like the time I was all excited to try Rocky Mountain Oysters, and then I realized what they were. Sometimes anticipation beats realization.

So how about Pacman fighting with a rotary cuff tear incurred during training for the fight.

meh, he wanted his payday. I hear he's getting sued for not disclosing it by some butthurt dudes who bet on the fight.

Mayweather said he would give him a rematch in a year. They both see $$$$$$$ imo.

Top Bottom