What's new

LIVE Pen and Paper Pathfinder - Character Creation Discussion

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
Alrighty, as I mentioned last night to Typhor and Exittus, I wanted to make a forum that you guys can discuss BASE character creation. IE, race and class for group composition.

I will PM each of you about back stories today/tomorrow and we can discuss there about more in-depth details and get your personal "prologue" setting into the game, so try to refrain from going into back stories here so that you all can role play yourself into the game!

Remember, base classes are 100% acceptable, and advanced/special classes will need to be approved but can be discussed here.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes.html

sweetloaf - Dwarf Barbarian
Mr.Boston - Wild Mage
Exittus - Halfling Ranger
Typhor - Human Fighter
zorph - Druid

I will also have some more of the world written out today for you guys for reference.

I'd also like to keep people away from chaotic evil please, it usually just means a big mess for me.

Oooh, I kinda like it. Let me read a bit more later on, but from what I can tell it seems to be a wizard enhanced and randomized a little, right?

Wild Magic: When casting a spell the wild mage rolls 1d6-3 twice. The first number affects his caster level for the spell, and the second one affects the DC of the spell. If the numbers of the two dice are equal (both 3’s) then a wild magic surge results in addition to the spell effect. Practiced spellcaster does not prevent a lower caster level in any way.

Wild Magic Surge Results
Treat DCs and caster level as normal for the mage based on the spell level that caused them.

D100

Roll Result
01 Wall of force appears in front of caster

02 Stinking cloud centered on caster

03 Caster shoots forth eight non-poisonous snakes from fingertips. Snakes do not attack.

04 Caster's clothes itch (+2 to initiative)

05 Caster glows as per a light spell

06 Spell effect has 60' radius centered on caster

07 Next phrase spoken by caster becomes true, lasting for 10 rounds

08 Caster's hair grows one foot in length

09 Caster moves 5’ caster level in a random direction

10 Caster's face is blackened by small explosion. Take 1d6 nonlethal damage.

11 Caster develops allergy to his magical items. Character cannot control sneezing until all magical items are removed. Allergy lasts 1d6 turns.

12 Caster's head enlarges for 1d3 turns

13 Caster drops 1 size category for 10 min/level

14 Caster falls madly in love with target until a remove curse is cast

15 Spell cannot be canceled at will by caster

16 Caster polymorphs randomly

17 All caster’s speech is put in comic book speech bubbles. He cannot cast spells with verbal components. Lasts 1 round/level

18 Reversed tongues affects all within 60 feet of caster

19 Wall of fire encircles caster

20 Caster's feet enlarge, reducing movement to half normal and adding +4 to initiative rolls for 10 min/level

21 Caster suffers same spell effect as target

22 Caster levitates 20' for 1d4 turns

23 Cause fear with 60' radius centered on caster. Caster immune.

24 Caster speaks in a squeaky voice for 1d6 days

25 Caster gains X-ray vision for 1d6 rounds

26 Caster ages 10 years

27 Silence, 15' radius centers on caster

28 10'x10' pit appears immediately in front of caster, 5' deep per level of the caster

29 Reverse gravity beneath caster's feet for 1 round

30 Colored streamers pour from caster's fingertips

31 Spell effect rebounds on caster

32 Caster becomes invisible

33 Color spray from caster's fingertips

34 Stream of butterflies pours from caster's mouth

35 Caster leaves monster-shaped footprints instead of his own until a dispel magic is cast

36 3d10 gems shoot from caster's fingertips. Each gem is worth 1d6x10gp.

37 Music fills the air. Any bard music in effect continues for 1 round/level

38 Create food and water

39 All normal fires within 60' of caster are extinguished

40 One magical item within 30' of caster (randomly chosen) is hit by mage’s disjunction

41 One normal item within 30' of caster (randomly chosen) becomes magical for 1 day/caster level. Effect is random

42 All magical weapons within 30' of caster are increased by +2 for 10 rounds

43 Smoke trickles from the ears of all creatures within 60' of caster for 1 turn

44 Dancing lights

45 All creatures within 30' of caster begin to hiccup (50% spell fail on verbal spells, -2 to attack rolls)

46 Knock with 60’ radius

47 Caster and target exchange places

48 Spell affects random target within 60' of the caster

49 Spell fails but is not wiped from caster's mind

50 Monster summoning II

51 Sudden change in weather (temperature rise, snow, rain, etc.) lasting 1 round/level

52 Deafening bang affects everyone within 60'. All those who can hear must save vs. spell or be deafened for 1d6 rounds.

53 Caster and target exchange bodies as if alter self for 24 hours

54 Gate opens to randomly chosen outer plane; 50% chance for extra-planar creature to appear.

55 Spell functions but shrieks like a shrieker

56 Spell effectiveness (duration, area of effect, damage, etc.) decreases 50%

57 Spell reversed, if reverse is possible

58 Spell becomes a living spell for the normal duration of the spell

59 All weapons within 60' of caster glow for 1 round/level

60 Spell functions; spell resistance does not apply, -5 to saving throws.

61 Spell appears to fail when cast, but occurs 1d4 rounds later

62 All magical items within 60' of caster glow for 1 day/caster level

63 Caster and target switch personalities for 2d10 rounds

64 Slow spell centered on target

65 Target deluded

66 Lightning bolt shoots toward target

67 Target enlarged

68 Darkness centered on target

69 Plant growth centered on target

70 1,000 lbs. of non-living matter within 10' of target vanishes

71 Fireball centers on target

72 Flesh to stone on target

73 Spell is cast; material components and memory of spell are retained

74 Everyone within 10' of caster receives the benefits of a heal

75 Target becomes dizzy (-4 AC attacks, need concentration check for spells) for 1 round/level

76 Wall of fire encircles target

77 Target levitates 20' for 1d3 turns

78 Target suffers blindness

79 Target is charmed as per charm monster

80 Target forgets last 24 hours

81 Target's feet enlarge, reducing movement to half normal and adding +4 to all initiative rolls for 10 min/level

82 Rust monster appears in front of target

83 Target polymorphs randomly

84 Target falls madly in love with caster until a dispel magic is cast.

85 Target changes sex

86 Small, black raincloud forms over target

87 Stinking cloud centers on target

88 Heavy object (boulder, anvil, safe, etc.) appears over target and falls for 2d20 points of damage

89 Target begins sneezing. No spells can be cast until fit passes (1d6 rounds).

90 Spell effect has 60' radius centered on target (all within radius suffer the effect)

91 Target's clothes itch (+2 to initiative for 1d10 rounds)

92 Target's race randomly changes until canceled by dispel magic

93 Target turns ethereal for 2d4 rounds

94 Target hastened

95 All non magical cloth on target crumbles to dust

96 Target sprouts leaves (no damage caused, can be pruned without harm)

97 Target sprouts new useless appendage (wings, arm, ear, etc.) until dispel magic or break enchantment cast

98 Target changes color (canceled by dispel magic)

99 Spell extended to triple duration

100 Spell empowered and maximized

We can certainly have fun with this. We'll talk a bit later about how we will handle this. I reserve the right to veto some talents after I read them more indepth, but for the moment I'm okay with the class.

Don't have a token picture YET, but I will :)

Going ranger - haven't decided if I want to be half elf or halfling (can't remember if halfling can use bows or not).

Anyways, I'll let you know which race I decide later tonight. But for now, def. ranger.

YAY!

So I just googled it and it looks like halflings CAN use bows, so I will be a halfling ranger.

Look out, bitches. Litzy's in the HOUSE!

So I just googled it and it looks like halflings CAN use bows, so I will be a halfling ranger.

Look out, bitches. Litzy's in the HOUSE!

I believe they are just restricted to certain sizes of bows? I could be wrong on that.

Yeah, they have to use SMALL for all the weapons. So all that affects is my damage/range.

I'd be using a (small) longbow for example that would do 1d6 instead of 1d10 (these are all made up numbers).

But I'm pretty sure all stats and weapons and things give exact specifications for small versions vs. medium/large versions.

I'll be playing a human fighter. [bimg=fleft]http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8e/88/5f/8e885f1c73e21c52bd15139329fc64a6.jpg[/bimg]

I think I'd like to be an elven druid.

Druid.jpg

Perfect! Just keep an the on your individual PM's for backstory stuffs. Trying my best to keep back stories organic and my questions relevant to your story, yet tie them into the "start" so it's not just a "we all met in a tavern". Haha

Wow all your guys' tokens are so cool!

Here is mine (thanks in LARGE part to Topic...who helped photoshop my bow and stuffs) :):)

YIklAaK.jpg

On a different note, though...

Before Sunday (and hopefully before Saturday so we have a good chunk time to digest all the info), I'd like to call a group meet up for us all to get together to chat.

Especially Gyoin, because I think there are some details we need to iron out BEFORE we all start doing our character creation (which should be done before Sunday except for rolls).

Anyways, a few things I'd like to know to get started:

Base starting money?
Basic world background we all should know?
Lawful, evil, chaotic, good? Preference or strict guidelines on any?
Are there any REQUIREMENTS of my character? (ie...we all have to be in the military, or we have to be a certain age, etc)
Character sheets! I'd like to start getting mine in order before Sunday...are we using the Roll20 ones? Or our own?

Does Friday night work for all you guys to get in mumble or something for a pre-game pep talk, chat, uh..thingy?

We had a barbarian that had sex with bears, on the regular, and then left the party because he found his soulmate. Which was a bear. I think you're okay to be as out there as you care to be. :p

Top Bottom