What's new

PAX East 2015: D&D EPIC Adventure

Dawkinzz

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

I present an idea for all of you fine feathered friends that happen to play/want to play Dungeons and Dragons and will be in the beautiful city of Boston for PAX East next weekend. I was able to get my hands on an event named: The Corruption of Kyrptgarden. It is a multi-table, multi-DM, 3-hour adventure.

547e1f8f7e744_full.jpg

Wait what, multi-table/DM, what does that mean? Are you some kind of mad wizard Dawkinzz, speaking crazy bullshit?

Fret not, for I am speaking of an EPIC adventure. It works like this: A large group is part of one adventure, which then splits into 3 separate paths. A DM is in charge of each separate group that takes each path and they make their own individual decisions, however, decisions from one group affect the other groups. It's a dynamic event that I think would be pretty f'ing cool to pull off.

If you are interested and will be at PAX, sign below since I don't know how to make events.

I guess

[DOUBLEPOST=1425166795,1425165643][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright MOAR ENTHUSIASM: OMG YES I CANT WAIT

Are you bringing premade character sheets?

I will bring pre-made character sheets for people. otherwise they can make their own Level 3 dude. When making a character, you can use the Standard Array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) or the Point Buy system, but can't roll for stats. Varient Human is allowed.

Would we need randoms for this? We could definitely recruit on the pax subreddit for players

I'm a little weary about webcams but am willing to give it a go. To me, webcams = complication, but we'll see. We'd have to probably recruit a few randoms, but again, I'm weary of going on the subreddit because:

1) I don't want it to get too big
2) Me (allegedly) having the material for which this EPIC is run should not legally be in my possession.

I figured if we do this Bruce, maybe we can do it in the lobby or whatever of the hotel you're staying at. Ideally I would like to have 3-4 people per table.

How many people do we know are going to PAX anyway? What's the rollcall?

Myself, Milly, Smarty, and the Buttz clan. That's probably the extent of players we have inside TAB.

And no problem, we can definitely find people to play. There's a tabletop area inside PAX itself too we could use, and would probably draw a decent crowd. We can definitely find people in the moment pretty easily, seeing as, y'know, it's a gaming convention. But, if we do it at my hotel in the lobby, there is a bar right there. Literally, right there. That may be a better place to do it.

I'm sure we can get something going with randoms easily (and quickly). I'd suggest Saturday evening as the potential go-time for this, since the Friday concerts look to be pretty fucking awesome and would like to do that XD

We only have Friday tickets so the idea was we could do this Saturday to fill out the weekend more

Sent from Moto X using Tapatalk.

We only have Friday tickets so the idea was we could do this Saturday to fill out the weekend more

Yup, if you guys want to do it midday, I'll probably pass (since I do have badges), but I'll definitely join if you do it in the evening.

Yup, if you guys want to do it midday, I'll probably pass (since I do have badges), but I'll definitely join if you do it in the evening.
Yeah I think the evening would make more sense so the Saturday people don't have to miss out during the day

Yeah I think the evening would make more sense so the Saturday people don't have to miss out during the day

No worries, both plans are logical. I also figured Saturday evening would be a good time for smash and such, depending on Caroline's energy status. Kinda wish I still had that 32" TV kicking around, I'd just bring that too and find a place to play.

Yeah Bruce, I figured that we can play in the lobby or by the bar instead of in your room so if Caroline wanted to hit the hay, she could without us bothering her. That way, we can keep the party going ;)

Yeah Bruce, I figured that we can play in the lobby or by the bar instead of in your room so if Caroline wanted to hit the hay, she could without us bothering her. That way, we can keep the party going ;)

Sounds perfect. If you wanna "schedule" a time or play it by ear, I'll let you decide since it'll be your event <3

How many people in total do we need? and with 3 GM's too, right?

I have the 3 DM's ready, including myself, just need players.

Oh, then finding players will be eeeeasy.

I'll also have my munchkin super deck available. Hell, could even split the super deck into two decks and play two games in the lobby if need be. Plus I'm sure some of us will be buying other tabletop games to try and play.

But this mega session is definitely my gameplaying highlight of the weekend, super excited!

Bruce, if you could make a post on reddit that is just an inquiry of potential D&D players staying in your hotel or nearby (without directly saying Corruption of Kryptgarden that is ;) ), that would be helpful. What hotel are you staying at anyway?

Top Bottom