What's new

People who don't listen

I do a lot of work on the phone- answering questions, giving directions, explaining stuff. On a regular basis, I get people... and just there I was interrupted by a colleague that was having trouble with a caller that wasn't listening. It's relentless. The worst ones are the ones that are dead wrong, but insist that everyone else in the world must be wrong or at least broken because THEY couldn't possibly be mistaken. And then it turns out they just weren't listening when they were told the right thing the first time. But of course they don't say "thank you" or "sorry". No, they just huff it off like it was my fault all along that they were stupid. Well, I have a cure for stupid, it's a long walk on a short dock.

Kel I feel your pain. I worked in customer service for a computer repair place for a couple of years. Everyone was an expert. They'd bring in a computer with a problem then try to tell you how to fix it. It was really frustrating. But. I was definitely able to level up my patience if you will.

I don't understand why people ask for help and then immediately tune you out. Might as well not waste someone's time if you're not going to even bother listening to the advice they give. Would save so much time and effort!

Top Bottom