What's new

MMO Play Red Alert, the Original, in FULL HD!!

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
cxwxieex0wdj2xdqjejo.gif

OpenRA is an open source project that “recreates and modernizes” Westwood’s classic RTS games on the PC by building a new engine for them and making them free to download.
Why? A new engine means they can run natively on modern systems, and also means they can run natively at modern resolutions, so you can play Dune 2000at 1920x 16:10 without a care in the world

There’s also improved/modern multiplayer, as well as a few more tweaks, like:
  • A choice between “right click” and classic “left click” control schemes
  • Overhauled sidebar interfaces for managing production
  • Support for game replays and an observer interface designed for streaming games online
  • The “fog of war” that obscures the battlefield outside your units’ line of sight
  • Civilian structures that can be captured to provide benefits
  • Units gain experience as they fight and improve when they earn new ranks
Currently, having been in development for a few years now, there are three games supported: the original C&C, Red Alert and Dune 2000, though the team (of around 50 developers) behind it are also working on doing the same thing for the second generation of Westwood games, starting with Tiberian Sun.
Note that these remakes are primarily, at least at this stage, for skirmish/multiplayer gaming. Those wanting to play through the original campaigns—complete with cutscenes—need to know that each mission needs to be recreated in the new engine to work, and that there are hurdles you need to jump through to get movie and music files to play.
There’s more info (and download links) for OpenRA on the project’s site.

I've played it around a year back, it's pretty good. I mainly want it for the campaigns though so, I'm still waiting.

Another C&C project that I highly recommend is: Red alert 2 Mental Omega: http://mentalomega.com/
It's a complete overhaul of the Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge. It features a completely new faction and several new units and building, all voice acted and everything.

It also has it's own campaign. And very recently added a coop campaign.

Can you just download the full modded game from there Euchale ? Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun are arguably my favorite games in the series and the high points for Westwood before EA ate them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can you just download the full modded game from there Euchale ? Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun are arguably my favorite games in the series and the high points for Westwood before EA ate them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
No you need Red alert 2 and Yuri´s revenge installed to play it. But you can get those via origin.

I have every C and C game generals i by far my favorite and that mod they made that added two new factions is beastly. Lemme find the thread Ill bump it.

Top Bottom