What's new

GW2 [Podcast #23] "2013, Fractals, +Magic Gear, Wintersday, GW2 Excitement"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member

Audio Only:

The members of http://alttabme.com came together during this weekly podcast to talk about "2013, Fractals, +Magic Gear, Wintersday, GW2 Excitement"

Summary: We discuss our reinvigorated love for GW2 with some of the new content, Wintersday events, Fractals, the BROKEN stat of Magic Find, and more!

The questions answered here are some of the top questions we get during our live streams at http://alttabme.com/live and these forums!

We are live Mondays @ 5:15 EST : http://alttabme.com/live

If you wish to submit questions for next weeks podcast for please feel free to post on our forums at alttabme.com/forum

If you are looking for a good guild to join feel free to apply at http://alttabme.com as we are accepting applications.

Audio Versions for this Podcast will always be located on our website!

Just realized the render didn't give you guys the TRUE MEANING of Tristan's Filter...

Here ya go:

tClF0.jpg

Bfl1U.gif

don't really get all the hate on magic find gear.
been running dungeons for a while and as far as i can tell, it doesn't really matter what they're wearing.
groups with 2+ people who suck are usually just going to have a painful time in the dungeon (or whatever they want to do actually) even if they all switch to bunker gear.

kinda agree with tr1age point about groups (usually pugs) with class "requirements" even though you can run any dungeon just fine as long as people just know their stuff. like how i ran some group with full clothies (3 eles, 1 nec, 1 mes) with people starting to freak out like "uh oh, no heavy armor class blablablah" and we just cleared everything without a sweat because we had so huge aoes that packs which would usually overwhelm a "classic" group were going from 100 to 0 so much faster.

don't really get all the hate on magic find gear.
been running dungeons for a while and as far as i can tell, it doesn't really matter what they're wearing.
groups with 2+ people who suck are usually just going to have a painful time in the dungeon (or whatever they want to do actually) even if they all switch to bunker gear.

kinda agree with tr1age point about groups (usually pugs) with class "requirements" even though you can run any dungeon just fine as long as people just know their stuff. like how i ran some group with full clothies (3 eles, 1 nec, 1 mes) with people starting to freak out like "uh oh, no heavy armor class blablablah" and we just cleared everything without a sweat because we had so huge aoes that packs which would usually overwhelm a "classic" group were going from 100 to 0 so much faster.

Because it just seems like a stat that is very selfish. And this game is not about that. You pack magic find for the better of you no the group. It may not be a huge dps impact but it is enough to make you worse than you mates with really beefed up.

be it from an offensive or defensive POV, i can't really see an actual difference.
should you stack healing stats, the difference, while it does exist, won't help a bit if you got with a half-assed group who can't manage to dodge properly, not to mention skills which heal others never heal as much as the self-heal. defensively (in a support way) speaking, the impact is at most negligible. when it comes to tankiness, people could make use of wayfarer gear (tough/vit/mf) and be quite bulky you wouln't even come to think he's using mf gear (as you usually don't expect a tanky char to have the highest dps anyways).

if you can manage to keep yourself alive no matter what, stacking more vit or toughness is kinda overkill.

offensively speaking, traveler gear provides pow/pre/mf, which if you don't run a condition build, doesn't make that much difference with berserker or rampager gear either, ie no dps loss. as for condition based builds, how much of a difference does it make? i sure can't tell as we got (hopefully) no dps meter IG.

Also, with no IG fight with a gear check mechanic or enrage timer, the only times it can actually end up gimping a group is when players who use it aren't good enough to keep themselves up to start with, which brings us back to my previous post, ie in 99.9999% of those times, it probably wouldn't have made a difference if they switched to more defensive or support gear, such as knight or valkyrie or whatever.

decent/good players who find themselves in trouble will usually switch their gear if they feel they need more survival/dps.
so where's the bad about being selfish when it makes zero difference?
as last resort, if things are turning wrong and the dude(s) doesn't want to switch gear to fit your needs, just kick him out of the party and well, problem is half solved already. though i've never kicked someone in gw2 for his gear up to now.

be it from an offensive or defensive POV, i can't really see an actual difference.
should you stack healing stats, the difference, while it does exist, won't help a bit if you got with a half-assed group who can't manage to dodge properly, not to mention skills which heal others never heal as much as the self-heal. defensively (in a support way) speaking, the impact is at most negligible. when it comes to tankiness, people could make use of wayfarer gear (tough/vit/mf) and be quite bulky you wouln't even come to think he's using mf gear (as you usually don't expect a tanky char to have the highest dps anyways).

if you can manage to keep yourself alive no matter what, stacking more vit or toughness is kinda overkill.

offensively speaking, traveler gear provides pow/pre/mf, which if you don't run a condition build, doesn't make that much difference with berserker or rampager gear either, ie no dps loss. as for condition based builds, how much of a difference does it make? i sure can't tell as we got (hopefully) no dps meter IG.

Also, with no IG fight with a gear check mechanic or enrage timer, the only times it can actually end up gimping a group is when players who use it aren't good enough to keep themselves up to start with, which brings us back to my previous post, ie in 99.9999% of those times, it probably wouldn't have made a difference if they switched to more defensive or support gear, such as knight or valkyrie or whatever.

decent/good players who find themselves in trouble will usually switch their gear if they feel they need more survival/dps.
so where's the bad about being selfish when it makes zero difference?
as last resort, if things are turning wrong and the dude(s) doesn't want to switch gear to fit your needs, just kick him out of the party and well, problem is half solved already. though i've never kicked someone in gw2 for his gear up to now.

See I disagree, I feel like people are getting good enough on the high levels where A: you need SOME toughness or B: you want to max DPS to every single degree possible. So glass canon and tank become the most powerful specs, none of which have magic find built into them.

high levels of what? fractals? that may be the only content at the moment that can be punishing, especially on packs since boss are usually the easiest part of the "dungeon".
and even if we're speaking of fractals, i don't feel like any sort of optimization is required before say... lvl30? didn't bother going for higher lvl of fractals so can't say how things turn out at lvl 40 or 50.

that said, lvl 30+ fractals are like... 0.5% of the current game content? in every other aspect of the game, wearing mf gear doesn't matter one bit. hell, i'm faily certain you can clear all 99.5% of the game in blue gear, or even generic lv80 merchant gear. will things get a bit tougher, sure will, but not all that much imo.

high levels of what? fractals? that may be the only content at the moment that can be punishing, especially on packs since boss are usually the easiest part of the "dungeon".
and even if we're speaking of fractals, i don't feel like any sort of optimization is required before say... lvl30? didn't bother going for higher lvl of fractals so can't say how things turn out at lvl 40 or 50.

that said, lvl 30+ fractals are like... 0.5% of the current game content? in every other aspect of the game, wearing mf gear doesn't matter one bit. hell, i'm faily certain you can clear all 99.5% of the game in blue gear, or even generic lv80 merchant gear. will things get a bit tougher, sure will, but not all that much imo.

I guess it isn't about the idea of tougher or not, clearing or not. It is more about the idea that the stat does not encourage team play which this game is about. It is just another aspect of the game that makes you feel like you are playing a single player game in a MMO atmosphere.

Top Bottom