What's new

GW2 [Podcast #5] Guild Wars 2 "Final Beta Weekend Wrap Up"

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member

The members of http://alttabme.com came together during this weekly podcast to talk about the Final Beta Weekend Wrap Up.

Summary: We were all very much high off of the last beta weekend of Guild Wars 2 and all the new races including the Asura and Sylvari as well as the new content. So we decided to change our topics slightly and just have a wrap up of our beta weekend, what we did, and why we are even more excited for launch than before!

Some topics:
  • The First Guild Wars 2 Machinima
  • Guild Events: 50+ Charr Mesmers and a Diving Board.
  • sPvP
  • Asura and Sylvari
  • Release
  • Tired and need sleep
  • See ya all for release!

The questions answered here are some of the top questions we get during our live streams at http://alttabme.com/live and these forums!

We are live Mondays @ 5:15 EST : http://alttabme.com/live

If you wish to submit questions for next weeks podcast for please feel free to post here, the topic being "What do we NOT like about Guild Wars 2?!"

If you are looking for a good guild to join once the game has released feel free to apply as we are accepting applications.

Link to MP3 Download can be found in the description on the Youtube page.

The no duel option- We have already talked about that but i still dont like it, I wish there was an area for it.
No mounts - Why not? running around in the game is very tiresome after awhile, If they did do mounts they wouldn't have to be anything special. Yes you can get around with way points but i imagine thats just going to add up after awhile.
You have to pay every time you die ! plus your repairs, gross :p (im very stingy with my money!)
In a RP viewpoint they need to open more building in the city, at least the human one Divinity's Reach, because i swear theres no cool places to hangout inside, I ran around and found some but I was slightly disappointed considering how large that city is..

Those are my hates for the moment. Other then those and maybe a few I cant think about, the game is perfect <3

I wish I could participate in these podcasts :( damn work and it's requirements lol.

And jen, there probably are no mounts since you get down leveled if you go to an area way below your current level. May cause issues with mounts, and they do have a lot of way points around each zone to put you about where you want to be.

I don't mind not having mounts too much, keeps things simple. Mounts kind of grew to the point where they were just there for epeen lol.

I'm legit nervous that one day Tristan is going to kill...or severely injure Bruce by making him laugh so hard! Death by laughing! As always great podcast guys!

The no duel option- We have already talked about that but i still dont like it, I wish there was an area for it.
No mounts - Why not? running around in the game is very tiresome after awhile, If they did do mounts they wouldn't have to be anything special. Yes you can get around with way points but i imagine thats just going to add up after awhile.
You have to pay every time you die ! plus your repairs, gross :p (im very stingy with my money!)
In a RP viewpoint they need to open more building in the city, at least the human one Divinity's Reach, because i swear theres no cool places to hangout inside, I ran around and found some but I was slightly disappointed considering how large that city is..

Those are my hates for the moment. Other then those and maybe a few I cant think about, the game is perfect <3

I agree with this. In WOW I hated when I was trying to quest and people would be dropping duel requests left and right... but I do think an area designated just for duels would actually be pretty awesome. I wish we had mounts as well, hell even if they didn't make you go faster I would still ride one haha. I don't feel like I can really complain too much about that though because the waypoints are great (but it would be great if you didn't have to pay for a waypoint if you are dead lol). I also wish Divinity's Reach had a few more cool places... or that some of them were bigger, like the aquarium. I still need to do more exploring there but I didn't find any hidden areas there like I found in The Grove.

I also want to add that I wish there were some different clothes options for starting out. I didn't like that all female casters had the same skimpy outfit lol. I mean if that is what you want then great but it would be nice if we got to choose from a few different top & bottom options. Sure you get different armor as you go but some things I equipped looked exactly the same! I just thought it was kinda funny that in my story line my noble human was attending a fancy party with other nobles and she was dressed like that lol. Someone on the GW2 website forums had also suggested that it would be great if the armor you picked up matched the area. For example a norn running around in said skimpy outfit with snow and ice every where doesn't really make sense lol.

But none of these things even bother me that much, I really love the game over all :)

Tristan admits to liking the Asura.... :eek:mg:

Another good podcast, I'm glad you post these afterwards, I usually can't make the live ones due to work/commute.

Yes!!! I saw a couple videos where I laid the hundred blades smack down on ya :D got to love that op shit lol.

My big grief with the game so far comes from a certain thing in sPVP. The downed state... Specifically skills 2 and 3 in the downed state. I have nothing wrong with there being a downed state, but the fact that I just spent all this time killing you and now I have to attempt to stomp you 2, 3, or sometimes up to 8 times (thief) is retarded. If i am skilled enough to kill you in a 1v2 and avoid dying from your team mate... There is no way I can down you if your team mate isn't half retarded. My feeling is that you should be able to throw rocks and heal giving your team mate more time to revive you, but not cc while your down because you already were bested... it puts more emphasis on team play and coordination over "oh I'm a thief I'll just disappear 5 times, you keep attacking him, don't help me". Plus the 2 and 3 skills are severely imbalances between diff proff. Just my 2 cents :)

Yes!!! I saw a couple videos where I laid the hundred blades smack down on ya :D got to love that op shit lol.

My big grief with the game so far comes from a certain thing in sPVP. The downed state... Specifically skills 2 and 3 in the downed state. I have nothing wrong with there being a downed state, but the fact that I just spent all this time killing you and now I have to attempt to stomp you 2, 3, or sometimes up to 8 times (thief) is retarded. If i am skilled enough to kill you in a 1v2 and avoid dying from your team mate... There is no way I can down you if your team mate isn't half retarded. My feeling is that you should be able to throw rocks and heal giving your team mate more time to revive you, but not cc while your down because you already were bested... it puts more emphasis on team play and coordination over "oh I'm a thief I'll just disappear 5 times, you keep attacking him, don't help me". Plus the 2 and 3 skills are severely imbalances between diff proff. Just my 2 cents :)

I think this was actually intentional. Not only do you need personal skill in order to keep from dying. You need a solid strategy so if you are stuck in a 1v2, you have some sort of back up coming to help finish them off or to help revive you if you go down eventually. I do agree that the thieves being able to stealth and flash away gets old very fast and you're pretty much forced to keep attacking them if you want them dead.

Top Bottom