What's new

Programs (not games) You Must Have

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
Soon I will have a FRESH OUT OF THE BOX PC to start installing all my crap on. Other than the games we all know and love, what other programs do you all use and would recommend?

Currently I use

Ventrilo
Spotify
OBS
DS4Tool

But what other things do you all use? What kind of anti-virus programs do you guys use? I can't seem to ever pinpoint one that truly works for me, either uses too much power or fucks with my games too much, or doesn't do a good enough job.

What kind of utility programs do you guys use?

It's worth to take a look at: https://ninite.com/
It will install all of the programs you select to C without any bloatware. Favorite software from that site:
Imgburn (if you still burn stuff)
VLC, as universal player for uncommon video formats
Audacity, if you want to record what you say during the podcasts
Irfan view, still my favorite software to view and manipulate pictures. 300 times faster than the one that win gives you.
Notepad++, because it makes txt, csv, html, lua, whatever files much nicer when you view them. Plus it has a awesome macro function

The rest is up to personal preference imho. I would throw foobar on, but you might have no use for it, if you mainly use spotify anyways.

VLC totally

I use AVG and Malwarebites for my antivirus stuff. I have never had a breach.

I also use Firefox for the browser, but Chrome is good too.

I do use a virtual private network when I don't want my IP tracked. encription and onion type routing for being sneaky. The program I use is called PIA or private internet access. It has a strong record of protecting its users.

I do use a virtual private network when I don't want my IP tracked.

I may need to look deeper into this next year for MLB.tv. You can't watch "in-market" games and the only way to bypass is to VPN it, but I am incredibly noobish with a lot of these kinds of things. When it comes to computers and programs, if it's isn't a "works out of the box" or user friendly, I tend to suck at it.

#2 Chrome Apps
#3 Sound App for creative
#4 FlashFXP
#7 Lightroom
#8 Premiere
#9 Photoshop

Why would a normie want photoshop programs?

They are too slow and clunky for non-specialized use.

This was amazing! Thanks Euch!

I'm still debating on what anti-virus to use.
I paid for my antivirus... I use Norton Internet Security. I think I read an article a couple of years ago that compared it to other paid programs and it came out the best for performance and safety. I haven't looked into programs since then, though, so there may be a better one now.

A lot of my techie friends use Malwarebytes in combination with another program.

I'm still debating on what anti-virus to use.
I only use Windows essentials, which is by now built into windows starting from win 8 onwards, in conjunction with Common Sense:
1420069446681.png

I scan my PC every month with malwarebytes. Works for me, and you know what sketchy websites I´m on.

Top Bottom