What's new

GW2 PvP Melee

Stunthis

Yea, I still have the old school tendency to get into the mix of things as a melee character but this normally leads to my downfall in GW2... I have to somehow fix myself of this problem if I want to effectively play a melee based class

Yea, I still have the old school tendency to get into the mix of things as a melee character but this normally leads to my downfall in GW2... I have to somehow fix myself of this problem if I want to effectively play a melee based class

It's not a constant barrage gameplay like, say, an arms warrior or dual sword rogue in WoW. It's a lot of hit and retreat, circling around players, burning burst CD when being ignored, and coordinating with teammates for defensive support as needed. Melee is a more difficult playstyle, but has a higher damage output (or at least that's how I'm reading it. More skill = more damage).

AND BARREL ROLLS! DONT FORGET THE BARREL ROLLS! Actually dodging is more like 80's cop movie roll, but whatever.

It's not a constant barrage gameplay like, say, an arms warrior or dual sword rogue in WoW. It's a lot of hit and retreat, circling around players, burning burst CD when being ignored, and coordinating with teammates for defensive support as needed. Melee is a more difficult playstyle, but has a higher damage output (or at least that's how I'm reading it. More skill = more damage).
I have to disagree with this assumption that melee is going to do more damage. I mean sure the Dagger Dagger Ele kinda supports this, but the Ranger and Mesmer with more damage the further they are from you defeat this.

I think we all have to just learn our class and how we plan to play it.

I do agree though that this game is about damage over time vs burst damage. We can easy mitigate burst damage with dodging etc. Forceing the other person to a cooldown state. But damage over time can't be mitigated by our heals and dodges.

I have to disagree with this assumption that melee is going to do more damage. I mean sure the Dagger Dagger Ele kinda supports this, but the Ranger and Mesmer with more damage the further they are from you defeat this.

I'm thinking in a pvp sense more than I am a pve sense. The ranged damage was consistent, but the melee damage was bursty. Having to factor in time to dodge and move more frequently while in melee range, that's how they make up for it.

Also, check out Ranger Greatsword output. Monsterous.

I was talking PvP I never talk PvE lol and to that, I stand by my previous post.

Top Bottom