What's new

GW2 Random Crafting stuff...

ToxicAsF

Over Analystical Extreme Gambler
Yeah, I have a strong feeling I will be investing cash pretty early for more bag space / bank space. Especially if my "Crafting Officer" title is a serious thing lol. The crafting so far is simpler than I expected to be honestly. The exploration is a neat concept, but sadly it tells you what will work with what and how many combinations there are, so by having a large inventory of all available items, it's a simple process of elimination, that or use the wiki which defeat the entire purpose.

Yeah bag space is a bitch lol. I do like crafting and I would like to take a more in depth look at it the next BWE.

Since the stats in this game are more arbitrary than in other MMO's, it'd be interesting to see if you could use the "experiment" window to make different combinations of stats as well. For example, my thief might be more inclined to power and precision for damage, but with the number of times I went down in the beta I'd probably enjoy more toughness or vitality as well. I haven't read too much into crafting (I do know for example that you can put inscriptions or whatever they're called into items to change them) but what little experimenting I did during the beta everything I made seemed to have just power on it.

There is actually a system in place in order to create the stats that you want. You know those blue items you get, like tiny fangs/claws/vials of blood? Those are used to make crests, a required ingredient in all "original" works. Those crests are actually what determine the stats of an item and are interchangeable between crafts. I believe this is how the system works. If I am wrong please correct me.

There is actually a system in place in order to create the stats that you want. You know those blue items you get, like tiny fangs/claws/vials of blood? Those are used to make crests, a required ingredient in all "original" works. Those crests are actually what determine the stats of an item and are interchangeable between crafts. I believe this is how the system works. If I am wrong please correct me.

No I think you got it right. I haven't explored the crafting too much this weekend, but I intend to the next weekend we can feed our addictions.

The items as well generally had descriptions for which crafting skill they could be used for, so you aren't going at it completely blind. I'll probably start out with the tailoring craft skill as they can make 8 slot bags right of the bat (send me all your jutes!), and depending on what items I actually need for more in depth tailoring requirements, I may pick up a second crafting skill.

Yeah, Leatherworking has an 8 slot, so does armorsmithing. All three of the armor professions can make all sizes of bags / boxes.

I'm also thinking Huntsman and LW to start, then will change into Cooking and JC on my Ranger. Then Weapon/Armor on my warrior, and Artifact/Tailor on my first caster.

Edit : RANGER. NOT HUNTER. FUCK ME.

I see... well send me your jutes anyway and I'll send whatever item equivalent leatherworkers/armorsmiths use

I will accept any / all leather and ore that people don't want. Sadly I use the jutes in LW as well to make stretched leather or something, and string in huntsman. I think. I forgot my crafting mats already.

Edit : I will need jutes for my LW sadly, but not Hunstman. I will definitely give out extras after I outlevel them.

Also, in case some of you didn't know and were having bag space issues, you can right click on mats in your inventory from anywhere in the world, and click deposit collectible, and it goes into your special crafting storage in the bank. This will save you bag and bank space, as well as not have any "whoops I vendored it" syndrome.

This is an amazing little tidbit to know. Where are these banks you speak of? I'd imagine in the major cities, but I honestly didn't run around the cities very much to find the banks.

Major cities near all the crafting stations are the banks, and I think some are sprinkled out into the world at hub cities. You can always "go to the mists" and into WvW and you actually have instant bank access I believe. I know the banks in the mist itself are specifically for PvP gear, but I believe the ones in WvW are overall typical banks.

Entering the mists is a quick access to vendors as well, and you get ported right back wherever you entered from. Maybe this option is only in Beta, but it'd be pretty sweet to always have that kinda access.

I figured on Leatherworking and probably weaponsmithing since ill be an engineer. Could come in handy making some stuff for myself. There also might be some bitchin looking weapons/armor to make that I might like to keep the look of. Transmutations ftw.

Weaponsmithing doesn't make guns, Huntsman does. Just so you know. And I can always make things for you whenever you want.

I think I will pair tailoring with jewelcrafting, making the guild some bling, now for a big, fuzzy purple hat...

Top Bottom