What's new

Ready Player One

Passage

Polychromatic
So, it isn't a game - it's a book! But it's a book about all the games. A game within a game within a game (and then some). Gameception.

Ready-Player-One-1.jpg

READY PLAYER ONE - Ernest Cline

Jump a few decades forward into a dystopian future, the internet and MMOs have become one. One grand VR/immersion game engine manages every imaginable genre as well as well as the general web. The majority of Earths' fossil fuel resources were expended before we were able to transition away from them, sp people also use the system to telecommute for everything. School. Work. Vacations. It's pretty wild.

The creator of this immersion system dies at 67. Being an eccentric, anti-social genius, he leaves no heirs and instead codes a series of riddles into the game. The first person to solve these will acquire his massive fortune. And in true eccentric fashion, he has fashioned the riddles after his favorite era of pop culture - the 1980s.

---

I had a ton of fun listening to this audiobook (don't judge me). If anyone wants to check it out, you might be able to google the title and "pdf" to find a sample. Give it til' page 30 or so. And if you do enjoy it, be sure to pickup a copy and support the author!

I got the book in a loot crate over a year ago. Caroline read it and liked it. I still haven't even opened it. They are making it into a movie apparently though.

Sounds interesting. Kind of like a western version of Liar Game, only with virtual reality and instead of the threat of being in debt with money borrowed, you can earn money instead.

Gyoin shame on you. You will love the book. Read it now.

From what I remember I think Spielberg is directing the movie so he should have the clout to get lots of the licensing and cameos from 80s people and stuff.

Top Bottom