What's new

Reddit, r/thebutton

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
http://www.reddit.com/r/thebutton/

For April fools day reddit made a new subreddit called the button. If you had a reddit account before that day you could unlock then push the button if you wanted. You could only push it once ever. It has a timer of 60 seconds that counts down and when someone pushes it the timer resets to 60.

As of right now over half a million separate people have pushed the button and it has never gotten below 37 seconds.

Whatever second mark you push it on gives you a small colored flair next to your username in the subreddit when you post. Different colors for different blocks of time.

It is pretty interesting to see how people are reacting to it. Many people can't help themselves and just push it. Many stay strong and don't push it at all. It's kinda fascinating to me how as the numbers creep lower each day the people who get numbers lower than the average are treated like pseudo celebrities.

I'm a non pusher.

tr1age what time did you get? You have to post in the subreddit to get your flair, but once you do you can hover over it and see your time.

I'm holding out for the sub 10s red flair. I would ideally get a 1s flair which means I have to push between 1 and 0 since every push rounds up.

Also if anyone is interested I found a site that tracks it and shows the lowest push.
http://jdf2.org/redditbutton/

Now that I know everything about it pushing is hard to resist...
Humm, what will kids believe more silly in 20 years?

It just goes to show you the Dharma Initiative failed to capitalize on the Internet. They could've had a whole army of people pushing buttons every minute instead of Desmond doing it alone.

This is so intriguing. I love watching the timer reset when someone new pushes it.

I'm going to wait to see if I can get a lower number. Or just forget about it and not push it at all :)

I pushed it immediately. I'm absolutely a button presser.

But you don't have to post to see your flair, I got mine immediately right next to my name on the right hand side. I'm a 60s er. I must have been a second too late cause I wanted to push at 45. Oh well.

I honestly just went to the site and clicked it at fast as humanly possible when I hear flair. Didn't look at time didn't read full OP message here, just clicked link, clicked button, posted to see color, and left.

lol. I am super surprised that Gyoin pushed it without reading. He seems like a researcher like me. I didn't even unlock it until I read about 15 things and was absolutely sure what pushing it would do.

Still haven't pushed it yet.

Eh, it's reddit. I tend to research when it's something I'm investing 1. Time or 2. Money. This was just a short gimmick reddit april fools day, I just wanted to see what the button did haha.

I'm a sucker for buttons.

Top Bottom