What's new

RedHead Windscreen Contest: WIN A FREE REDHEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
So you are here because you too LOVE PINK?!
5WAb3m.jpg
Ok maybe not... but you wanna win a free kick ass Redhead Windscreen! SWEET! Well here is how you can do that:
Summary:

Kalani from Redheadwindscreens.com and Tristan from Alttabme.com have come together to share with you the love of Redheads!

A lot of people think Redheads are only for audiophiles, professional "sound people", or filmmakers. Well we are here to tell you THAT IS JUST NOT THE CASE! I have been recommending these to all my gamer friends for a long time because I wear a really high end set of cans(headphones) and I like to communicate via teamspeak, ventrillo, mumble... etc when I am playing with them. Problem is, we all like low electricity bills or just have an unspoken love of box fans... well let me tell you something, the horrid noise that a fan blowing air into a microphone makes is enough to make my ears bleed. This solves that problem! (THANK YOU EAR GODS!) Not to mention they can be customized to fit every kind of microphone including headsets!

Anyway here is a video tell you allllll about it:

Well isn't that something haha. Here are the official Participation rules, good luck, and we look forward to seeing what names you come up with.(make sure to check the redheadwindscreens.com website to see what some of the other colors are called!) You have a chance to write REDHEAD HISTORY!!!

Participation Rules:
  • Post below a NAME for the one and only PINK Redhead.
Example Format for your submission:
Submission Name: Bringin' Back the 80's
Reason: Because my mother used to dress me in neon colors including pink.. sigh...

Submit as many names as you like, just make sure to do so under a new post.
  • Like the post with the name you think is the bestest! (one vote per IP, yes this is checked you bastards who wanted to make 1000 alias accounts)
  • After a week, we will tally up the person with the MOST "likes" and they will be the winner!
  • We will contact you via the messaging system on the website so please make sure to hang around long enough to check it.
  • You will have 3 days to respond until we pick the second most "liked" name and give them all your goodies!
  • This contest will ship to all locations unless shipping costs exceed the price of the items being shipped. (we have the right to deny an entry due to being outside of the US and Canada)
  • Redhead Windscreens reserves the right to use/not use and potential winning name. Winner will still receive two Redhead Windscreens and Hawaiian treats!
  • CONTEST ENDS ON TUESDAY SEPT 18th 11:59PM EST
Prizes:
  1. 1 PINK Redhead windscreen
  2. 1 Redhead windscreen of your choice
  3. Some Hawaiian Treats!
Kalani the owner gave us some background on the Redhead:

Redhead windscreens is a small family business which I dedicate to my grandfather who always wanted to see a family business come into fruition but never got to before he passed when I was 16. I’m 36 now and although gramps is gone, I’m keeping his dream alive.
We started a little over 3 yrs ago in my garage and to this day Redheads are still made here on Maui with love. My mom was able to quit her job as an in-house nurse which she loved but was becoming very physically taxing on her. I think seeing her quit a job she’s had for so long was one of the proudest moments I’ve personally experienced. We are eternally grateful to all of our awesome customers! Thanks for the tweets, shares, vids, blogs, etc.. You are Redhead Windscreens.

A WINNER HAS BEEN CHOSEN:
http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php...n-contest-win-a-free-redhead.1534/#post-14367

Garrison with 4 likes! Congratulations! We have contacted Garrison and if he replies by the end of the week he is the rightful winner of the prizes below! Congratulations to everyone involved! Great entries! I personally really liked Princess Peach being as this is a gamer forum :)

UPDATE: Ok all entries have been entered and the contest is officially closed. NOW IT IS TIME TO VOTE!!!

So start liking the name you think is the best entry!

Winner Likes will be tallied up on Friday Sept: 21 2012 And a winner choosen!!

Not a contest entry, but I just wanted to add my testimony to these things. My office where I game gets pretty warm with all the gear I've got running in there, so I've typically got a fan going. The windscreen cuts out that wind noise even when I've got it blowing right at my head (I've got the headset mic version of one), people on mumble say can't hear any wind noise at all. :)

Submission Name: Fuchsia
Reason:
Fuchsia (pronunciation: /ˈfjuːʃə/, FEW-shə) is a vivid reddish or pinkish purple color named after the flower of the fuchsia plant, itself named after the German scientist Leonhart Fuchs. Fuchsia is a synonym for magenta.

There is also a somewhat redder and slightly less saturated hue termed fashion fuchsia (see below) that is used in women's fashion (it is also called Hollywood cerise).

250px-DoubleFuchsias_wb.jpg

Submission Name: Powder Puff
Reason: Its puffy its powdery puffy goodness! At least thats what attracts me, Girls (Or guys!) love their makeup and that redhead looks like a huge makeup applier!

I just want to make sure: This contest is open world wide? *cough* Canada? *cough*

Submission Name: Princess Peach
Reason: This is a gamer forum, gamer related contest.. why not an icon in the gaming world such as Princess Peach from Mario Bros :)

Submission name: Maw Panky

Reason: dedication to my aunt pinkie Woodgett birdsong. She lived to be 105 y/o and her birthday was sept 10th. She passed last year. Her grandchildren called her this, for they are very southern people.

Submission Name: Windy Lauper

REASON: It loops off the wind and brings back the 80's at the same time. ;)

Submission Name: Magenta
Reason: She has the coolest Hair in the whole "Rocky Horror Picture Show" and this little lady reminds me of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom