What's new

[RESOLVED]Pictures not showing up correctly in chat when clicked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razulian

The Mad Scientist
I've been having some issues with pictures not resizing correclty in chat.
I have no idea how to explain it so here's what I get to see when I click on a picture:

UKytlm9.jpg

When I zoom in/out then it looks alright again. Before the newer updates (pre-achievements) it worked fine for me.
Not sure if it was after the achievements update when it started failing me though (bad memory argh!!!).
Does this happen to you guys as well?

EDIT: Resizing in forum threads works correctly.

Wasn't me! But in seriousness, Tristan knows about this, but it looks like it might be worse than usual...

Yeah known issue, unknown fix yet. :p So if anyone has ideas. We are all ears.

A work around is to select the page when it is it full size it will fill the empty parts in. As well you can resize your browser and it will also fill it in.

Yeah I saw that lol, it is because the image is refreshing itself overriding whatever in the boxes that break the iomages now are taking priority.

MY GUESS would be a CSS z index might fix it. How to put that into that is a little above my paygrade at the moment. Specially if the thing is using the lighroom java imagepopup system.

On the Admin Panel for TaigaChat, what option is selected under image display mode? Is it "zoom" or "thumbnail zoom"? Maybe you can toggle between and see if that fixes it?

On the Admin Panel for TaigaChat, what option is selected under image display mode? Is it "zoom" or "thumbnail zoom"? Maybe you can toggle between and see if that fixes it?

Well that was well informed... but yeah we already tried both of those :) <impressed>

Well whatever you did, it appears to be working now. I just posted a .JPEG and it is showing up fine.

onlyatest_zpsaac41d2a.png

I will test it again when I get home.

It can handle smaller images. The big ones it can't.[DOUBLEPOST=1365987816,1365987261][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a workaround for you, I think you'll know a way to implement it :p
The error only happens when the picture is too big to fit the window, so it only happens when a scroll bar appears.
What you could do is make it refresh the window when the scroll bar appears.

I think you can detect the presence of a scroll bar with javascript, don't know if it's possible to force a window update but I think you might be able to.

It can handle smaller images. The big ones it can't.[DOUBLEPOST=1365987816,1365987261][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's a workaround for you, I think you'll know a way to implement it :p
The error only happens when the picture is too big to fit the window, so it only happens when a scroll bar appears.
What you could do is make it refresh the window when the scroll bar appears.

I think you can detect the presence of a scroll bar with javascript, don't know if it's possible to force a window update but I think you might be able to.

has nothing to do with the scroll bar unfortunately. It has to do with the page. Still happens in the full page when it scrolls the page over further than the intended size. But nice idea regardless.

has nothing to do with the scroll bar unfortunately. It has to do with the page. Still happens in the full page when it scrolls the page over further than the intended size. But nice idea regardless.
I meant that when the page size extends you could render it again. That's why zooming in or out would fix the problem, it rerendered the page.
And detecting a horizontal scroll bar is the trigger to the rerender.

Oh well, problem is fixed so my idea is useless now :p

Yeah known issue, unknown fix yet. :p So if anyone has ideas. We are all ears.

A work around is to select the page when it is it full size it will fill the empty parts in. As well you can resize your browser and it will also fill it in.

It was a cause not an effect.

Anyway Katie has hackie fixed it. So enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom