What's new

[RESOLVED] Recent Activity and Dbl Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
I posted replies to 2 different threads earlier and they showed up in reverse order on the recent activity box.

I think its because I go through the unread threads list and open them in new tabs one by one and then go through and read them. Then any that I reply to are marked according to the time code I opened them by, and not by the actual time I replied to them.

Posts in question

recent activity box says:
ThatOneGuy replied to the thread AltTabMe Papercraft you can do at home!.
38 minutes ago
ThatOneGuy replied to the thread Contrast.
39 minutes ago
But if you go to the threads it shows that I replied to Contrast 39 minutes ago and to the papercraft one 47 minutes ago.
I replied to another post that I opened after I read through all new stuff and it showed up at the top of the recent activity box. The timing on that one makes me think its timed to when you open the thread and not when you reply though.

Just made a double post in the achievement feedback thread. It merged the posts, but it didn't show that it was a merged double post. I went in to edit it and there were html tags to show it was a double post, but the post itself didn't show that like it used to.

I posted replies to 2 different threads earlier and they showed up in reverse order on the recent activity box.

I think its because I go through the unread threads list and open them in new tabs one by one and then go through and read them. Then any that I reply to are marked according to the time code I opened them by, and not by the actual time I replied to them.

Posts in question

recent activity box says:
ThatOneGuy replied to the thread AltTabMe Papercraft you can do at home!.
38 minutes ago
ThatOneGuy replied to the thread Contrast.
39 minutes ago
But if you go to the threads it shows that I replied to Contrast 39 minutes ago and to the papercraft one 47 minutes ago.
I replied to another post that I opened after I read through all new stuff and it showed up at the top of the recent activity box. The timing on that one makes me think its timed to when you open the thread and not when you reply though.

I am not sure I followed a damn word you just said here....

Can you break this down better?[DOUBLEPOST=1364231654,1364231633][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just made a double post in the achievement feedback thread. It merged the posts, but it didn't show that it was a merged double post. I went in to edit it and there were html tags to show it was a double post, but the post itself didn't show that like it used to.

Working as intended.

Ok so when I got on the site I opened about 6 threads that had new content in them. I opened them in new tabs so I could read and respond to them as needed.

What looks like happened is that I opened the papercraft thread in a new tab then a minute later I opened the contrast thread. Then I went through and read the threads. I then responded to the contrast thread, and 7 minutes after that I responded to the papercraft thread.

Since I responded to the contrast thread first and the papercraft thread 7 minutes later you would think that the recent threads box would show the order and time that I responded to them. Instead it shows that I responded to the papercraft thread and a minute later the contrast thread. That was the order I opened them in new tabs not in the order I responded to them.

in other words:
  • opened papercraft thread in new tab
  • opened contrast thread in new tab 1 minute later
  • read both threads
  • replied to contrast thread
  • replied to papercraft thread 7 minutes later
  • site says I replied to papercraft thread
  • site says I replied to contrast thread 1 minute later

not like any of this is site breaking or really matters, I just thought you would want to know.

Ok so when I got on the site I opened about 6 threads that had new content in them. I opened them in new tabs so I could read and respond to them as needed.

What looks like happened is that I opened the papercraft thread in a new tab then a minute later I opened the contrast thread. Then I went through and read the threads. I then responded to the contrast thread, and 7 minutes after that I responded to the papercraft thread.

Since I responded to the contrast thread first and the papercraft thread 7 minutes later you would think that the recent threads box would show the order and time that I responded to them. Instead it shows that I responded to the papercraft thread and a minute later the contrast thread. That was the order I opened them in new tabs not in the order I responded to them.

in other words:
  • opened papercraft thread in new tab
  • opened contrast thread in new tab 1 minute later
  • read both threads
  • replied to contrast thread
  • replied to papercraft thread 7 minutes later
  • site says I replied to papercraft thread
  • site says I replied to contrast thread 1 minute later

not like any of this is site breaking or really matters, I just thought you would want to know.

Might be linked to when you opened the page in different tab?

I think it is linked to when you open the page not when you actually post a reply. This is just the first time I noticed it. oh firefox 19.0.2 btw

I think it is linked to when you open the page not when you actually post a reply. This is just the first time I noticed it. oh firefox 19.0.2 btw

I think that would be impossible however because the opening of a thread doesn't lock you in place for a reply. When you hit reply it writes it to the DB not before or after. No spot is being saved :p

That's what I thought too, but the timing is weird on it. I'll test it out when we get at least 2 new posts I can reply to.

That's what I thought too, but the timing is weird on it. I'll test it out when we get at least 2 new posts I can reply to.

Well I am posting to this at 2:05 to see if you are crazy which I am assuming you are. BTW I opened this tab first.

Yup you are crazy.

just tried to duplicate it and it didn't work. There was a post from another user in between my posts so it may have worked that way before because I was the only one really browsing and posting in the middle of the night and all the other people on were just lurking.

just tried to duplicate it and it didn't work. There was a post from another user in between my posts so it may have worked that way before because I was the only one really browsing and posting in the middle of the night and all the other people on were just lurking.

Trust me on this... while there might have been a random error you encountered when posting, opening a tab doesn't time stamp your replies :) But good lookin out!

Locking this post now that all has been resolved.

well you probably could look at the time stamps on those threads and what showed up in the recent thread box. Or maybe you have ghosts in the site.

Also this is from your profile recent activity stream:

1. ThatOneGuy replied to the thread AltTabMe Papercraft you can do at home!.

I'll get together a thread sometime on more of the artsy stuff I have done.
    Today at 7:31 AM
  2. ThatOneGuy replied to the thread Contrast.

that pic looks like Tr1age is already playing the game.The shadow parts reminds me of a game called Perspective. [media]
    Today at 7:30 AM
  3. ThatOneGuy replied to the thread AltTabMe Papercraft you can do at home!.

Yes, in a couple ways. 1. you could print it out in white and color it in with markers or colored pencils. 2. you could use pink paper in...
    Yesterday at 6:44 PM

ya but if you look at those actual posts the time stamps are reversed and 8 minutes apart. Probably a glitch like you said but there is the proof.

edit: look at posts 1 and 2, post 3 was done the day before.

ya but if you look at those actual posts the time stamps are reversed and 8 minutes apart. Probably a glitch like you said but there is the proof.

edit: look at posts 1 and 2, post 3 was done the day before.

Yeah I saw. It must have just been a delay in the DB or some hiccup. That or there are ghosts in the machine... always a possibility.

Anyway interesting find, and if it happens again we will probably still not fix it so don't go nuts trying to reproduce, but if you happen to run across it again please let us know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom