What's new

Wildstar Rezzed livestream

Crake

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ Stronk
So I must say, the combat looks much more fast paced in this video then in previous videos. No real new info here, but it was a pretty good stream despite that.

I will watch this this afternoon, either before or after our D&D session.

Edit: Watching it now.
13:40 there is Aurin Esper gameplay. tr1age
16:20 Scientist gameplay
25:25 Settler Gameplay ( Nahku some of your brethren sheep shown at 26:00)
27:25 mentioned explicitly that sometimes settler structures may have to be protected from enemy faction.
28:30 Starting to look at dungeon group stuff (level 30 content) (auto-killing trash to show boss mechanics)
30:10 Watch the ground when he's being targeted and double jumping. It's an aoe shock, but the higher his elevation when executed, the aoe circle shrinks. DOUBLE JUMP TO MINIMIZE AOE. Amazing concept.
32:30 .... Fuckballs.
34:40 Different boss (short cinematic shows a sliding mob, kinda meh looking =/)
35:30 Q&A - Player housing instanced?
37:40 Q&A How do you see yourself standing up against the MMO leader (IE WoW)
39:00 Q&A Develop for Linux/Mac ?
40:00 Q&A Raid Mechanic - How much preparation/knowledge before entering a raid needed.
41:20 Gravity shift in jumping, physics alteration
41:40 Scientist "Scanning" mission.
42:30 Q&A Healers are already a difficult and "thankless" job, but you made them harder. How are you going to balance this with making players want to play healers in an already DPS saturated player base (mentioned WoW dungeon Queue's, 30+ minutes for WoW)
43:20 EXPLODING SHEEPS! NOOOO
44:30 Look, a housing guy!

So awesome!

That craziness at 32:30 gave me Alysrazor hard mode flashbacks.

I'm still torn on a path. This video didn't help that at all.

The 42:30 question about healing being made harder is bullshit imo. They aren't making tanking and healing harder they're making them more interesting. I didn't like healing in wow and thought I sucked at it. After healing in Tera I realized I enjoy healing and am quite good at it, I just hated playing whack-a-mole. I always felt like healing in wow removed you from the fight. His explanations of roles pushed me even further into the Spellslinger corner.

HOLY SHIT I'M SO EXCITED.

27:25 mentioned explicitly that sometimes settler structures may have to be protected from enemy faction.

This...THIS THIS....a million times over. Open World PvP baby.

This...THIS THIS....a million times over. Open World PvP baby.
For real; makes me excited for the settler path again. Lets build us some forward bases

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk

I didn't see anything in here that didn't make me think this game isn't going to be a blast. If anything they re-enforced the fame logic that makes a game like this fun plus.

This was a pretty interesting watch. When it finally dawned on me about what he said about healing, at first I was really upset. If dodging/evading is a strong focus in Wildstar, it's gonna make healing those people who are dodging like crazy pretty intense!! Healers will have to have pretty damn good situational awareness. I guess that's going to set the good apart from the noobs. ;) I'll take that challenge! Esper here I come!

I know you're still playing wow and probably don't have a ton of time, but if you want to play around with a similar healing philosophy you could roll a healer in Tera. It's a bit of a learning curve but I ended up totally loving the active healing. Certainly not the same as Wildstar from what we know so far, but more similar than WoW, for sure.

And it's free.

And you get gravity-defying boobs.

I played Tera as launch, it was a pretty awesome game. When it went free I spent the better part of a month playing it again. It amused me greatly making things explode on my Loli (Elin) Sorcerer. The combat was definitely different, which kept me hooked for a little bit.

At any rate, Awesome stream!

I know you're still playing wow and probably don't have a ton of time, but if you want to play around with a similar healing philosophy you could roll a healer in Tera. It's a bit of a learning curve but I ended up totally loving the active healing. Certainly not the same as Wildstar from what we know so far, but more similar than WoW, for sure.

And it's free.

And you get gravity-defying boobs.
Age of conan. End of story :p

For real; makes me excited for the settler path again. Lets build us some forward bases

Sent from Droid Razr Maxx HD via Tapatalk

Yea this kind of stuff could really help motivate World PVP! Actually there is probably a number of awesome things you could do with settlers and structures to help encourage world PVP, this game really seems to have a lot of bases covered.

On the tank/healer job being even more challenging.. that will be really interesting to see how it plays out. This could make me want to tank again or drive me screaming into the hills to hide with the other DPS (not a bad thing, as DPS we need to be in the hills, we're squishy after all). I've always planned on rolling dps with WildStar, but I'll definitely have to give tanking a go with this system.. could be fun?

Yea this kind of stuff could really help motivate World PVP! Actually there is probably a number of awesome things you could do with settlers and structures to help encourage world PVP, this game really seems to have a lot of bases covered.

On the tank/healer job being even more challenging.. that will be really interesting to see how it plays out. This could make me want to tank again or drive me screaming into the hills to hide with the other DPS (not a bad thing, as DPS we need to be in the hills, we're squishy after all). I've always planned on rolling dps with WildStar, but I'll definitely have to give tanking a go with this system.. could be fun?

Feeling the same way lol. I've always preferred to DPS for several reasons but I have enjoyed tanking in the past. I'll have to give both a try but I'll most likely still want to main spec DPS, unless we're very short on tanks.

Feeling the same way lol. I've always preferred to DPS for several reasons but I have enjoyed tanking in the past. I'll have to give both a try but I'll most likely still want to main spec DPS, unless we're very short on tanks.
Luckily you'll have 2 roles possible (tank/dps or heal/dps) on every class, so you can always have the "possibility" of doing a non-dps role as you wanted.

it sounded to me like there was also ways to go kinda hybrid. like take some healing tree stuff and some dps tree stuff in the same spec.

Luckily you'll have 2 roles possible (tank/dps or heal/dps) on every class, so you can always have the "possibility" of doing a non-dps role as you wanted.
Yeah, I'm planning on rolling a DPS at startup and if we have a shortage I'll respec to healz or something.

it sounded to me like there was also ways to go kinda hybrid. like take some healing tree stuff and some dps tree stuff in the same spec.
Yes, there was a Dev that mentioned during a PvP Podcast that many people would put some of their stats into healing and keep a pocket heal for themselves at all times (if they were of a healer hybrid).

Top Bottom