Not open for further replies.

Sarival

Raggin' fraggin' interwebs
Name
Casey

Age (must be 18+)

Where are you from? (timezone)
AZ, U.S.A (GMT -7 [MST])

Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
Not yet. Though from stalking and posting on the forums I feel like I'll fit in just fine.

Character Name(s)
Sarival, Saris Vati, Ari , Seilca, Nix Avanti

What games do you wish to play with the alttabme community?
Whatever tickles the community's fancy. Wildstar, Arche Age, Firefall, Minecraft, Online Scrabble (Please?).. maybe I can brainwash a few of you into playing a MUD with me or even Mortal Online? Oh OH. When the new Pokemon comes out I will definitely be shoving my friend code at everyone.

Class/Race(if applicable)
Pleb, Human. Err.. In terms of class choice, I tend to prefer support classes or DPS with mild support. Though in the off chance the game offers a bard class, you bet yer candy ass Imma be playin' it. Fancy the Famous Bard is a great inspiration to me.

What role do you wish to play in the guild? For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social
I'll probably be playing Casual PvE and helping whoever needs it unless a few others want to get down on some awesome PvP. Delving a bit more into the PvP aspect, I really /really/ enjoy grabbing a few buddies and going the psyops/harassment route, I think this is a holdover of mine from playing too much Battlefield (Squads and such). A recent prime example of this would be in GW2, running around in small 4~5 person groups capping, leading larger groups of enemies astray, and generally just being a nuisance while our larger main force smash and grabs the more secured points without a hitch.

Which previous MMO's or online games have you played and how long for?
EQ1 (2 years [Rathe]),
Kyat (6~7 years [Japanese, social]),
GW1 (3 years active [Just had my 8th character birthday on there!]),
FlyFF (Off and on for several years),
Champions Online (6~7 months [Quit because friends did]),
Mabinogi (Several months, distracted by IRL. Was also the IRC Manager at Mabiguru during beta),
Discworld MUD (Almost 1 year exact), GW2 (A depressingly small amount of time),
The Secret World (haven't played much yet).
In between all that, I've played just about all those f2p MMOs churned out from gPotato, Aeria, GamesCampus, etc. And yes. I played WoW. Not for long, as it just couldn't keep my attention. Oh! I also have PSO2 installed, but.. I think I logged in maybe once.

Were you a part of a guild? What was your experience?
Yes. I'd call it more a family than anything, as we've been explorin' the vast reaches of the 'net for near a decade now. Unfortunately! Time wears away at everything and our loving group dwindled. Whether it was drama, some vow to become Amish, or just got bored with gaming, inactivity struck from all sides..Or maybe it was that whole no recruiting thing since 2005.. While most of us still keep in contact, it's rare that we ever have time to really game with each other nowadays due to scheduling and IRL woes (Damn jobs and responsibility!). So, like I mentioned in my introduction post.. Here I am, stalkin' y'all in the hopes I've maybe found a community I can merge into the rest of my circles.

How did you hear about the AltTabMe?
Lurking the Wildstar Central Forums

What will you bring to the ALTTABME community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping?)
Definitely the helping bit if anything. I'm an info addict once I'm actually into a game. Wiki contributions, database submissions, tutorials/guides. I love being a newbie helper aswell. I get some sort of sick satisfaction out of it. (Helping others?! Ugh.)
Also, I'm a bit of a craft junkie.

How much time do you spend a week on games?
Hrm.. probably 15~25 hour/wk range. Maybe more, but I really like my sleep.

Is there anything else you would like to throw in here at the end?
I like the laid back feeling without the chaos, a few other guilds and communities I've checked out in the past few months of my search seemed either very overbearing or had no direction and looked on the verge of falling apart. Plus, y'all aren't just some guild dedicated to ONE game that's going to leave me (Or anyone else) in the dust when it gets boring.

There's somewhere to go back to, and I think that's important.

To get a better handle on who I am, though, rather than just my gaming experience:
I'm Casey. I cook things for a living, apprenticing under 3 chefs (seperate occasions) over the years until one of them decided to bestow upon me the title of sous-chef (ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!) though my current position requires me mainly to multitask as grill cook and yell at the expeditor all while coordinating the rest of the gorram kitchen at a high volume steak house.
Occasionally I bake for fun and I'm recently on an ice cream making binge (CHOCOLATE COFFEE PINEAPPLE CHERRY. ICE CREAM /ALL THE THINGS/). My specialty is burning custards (What French bastard came up with this shit?).
Reading is a gorram obsession of mine, typically juggling 2 or 3 books at a time (Not literally juggling, though I can kinda do that too. I guess, if you're into that.)
I overuse parentheses.
Sometimes I make music, sometimes I draw.

Have you finished all of the prerequisite requirements?
Yes (I read and replied to the rules, I understand I must be active on the forums to stay on the roster, and I have a minimum of 1-2 posts(other than this application), and I made sure those posts weren't just bullshit)

I like the app, and I have seen ya lurkin around. Brownie points for using gorram in your app. +1 from me.

Yes great app and good forum participation so far. Plus us zonies need to stick together. Phoenix born and raised, living and working in tempe now. Where you at?

+1 from me

+1! I like the application and the forum participation!
Just wait until Gyoin sees you mentioning "Pokemon" in your app - at that point I'm sure you've already won him over,*ponydurr:

I'M GETTING X. YOU SHOULD GET Y. I'll battle you now with current geb if you want =p

+1

Not that my vote counts, but +1 for Pokemon. I have Black v2. And I'll be getting Y. POKEMON BATTLES HO!
I sir ALSO HAVE BLACK-2.

I typically follow Smogon OU tier rules, but I can get something whipped up for non-OU or non-smogon rule sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom