What's new

Schedule for the Nov 16-18 events

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
Something is stirring in the Sea of Sorrows – and we want to make sure that you are not missing out, so here is a schedule (without spoilers) for you, so you can plan ahead:
  • On Friday November 16th at noon PST (20:00 GMT) the weekend will kick off with an Event in Lion’s Arch that you don’t want to miss. This will trigger events in other parts of Tyria as well.
  • On Saturday November 17th at noon PST (20:00 GMT), another phase will kick in.
    Each phase is triggered by a special event, but you will be able to enjoy additional content afterwards even if you cannot make the kick-off time. There is one exception:
The event will culminate in a big Finale on Sunday November 18, make sure you will not miss it. This will be a onetime only event chain that will run multiple hours, and it will kick off at noon PST (20:00 GMT). Again, this will only run once, so make sure you will be there! There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the outcome of this event on Sunday.
We will give you more details once we get closer to the event, but wanted to give you an early heads up so you can plan accordingly.

Even though I can make it on Saturday and the apparent big deal on Sunday, I still question ArenaNet's usage of one-time events. I'm sure (like the halloween one) it's nothing "omg whyyyy" if you miss it, but still.

On Friday November 16th at noon PST (20:00 GMT) the weekend will kick off with an Event in Lion’s Arch that you don’t want to miss.
..... events kicking off during daytime hours on a Friday.. le sigh.

..... events kicking off during daytime hours on a Friday.. le sigh.
Could say the same for events potentially finishing late on a Sunday before work, i probably wont make all of the Sunday event :( but ill make sure to make the most of the weekend leading up to it!!

Events coming in thick and fast it seems, cant be a bad thing really! Thanks for the info btw.

I'm not really excited about the kick off times nor the quick firing off of the events in rapid succession. I for one like to actually do things on the weekends :\ *grumblegrumblegrumble*. But. I do like that it will open permanent content.

But. I do like that it will open permanent content.
Yep, this. I'm giving up on trying to make their events (Mad King "can't miss" event was pretty "meh," I definitely could have lived without seeing the cutscene). I'll just enjoy the permanent content. :)

Dam Its 6 am my time, Aussies rarely get any of the good events for any games :L
Anyone know how long the events will last?

lol what? Maybe I need another coffee, but I can't understand what you're saying

He's saying he approves of the event as he will be back from CA and will get a chance to decompress while playing. (at least that was my translation)

GAH! I have a Model United Nations Conference to attend with a club at my school! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU... Wait, just realized that this is the next weekend. YYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!! Time to disregard all the things!

Top Bottom