What's new

Site Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
We are currently having issues with our host. We moved to a dedicated VPS to speed shit up, but dreamhost has been getting attacked on their west coast servers for a week now. So the slow downs are because of that. When I know more I will update, but right now we are considering pulling out of dreamhost completely if this can't be resolved. That means more costs unfortunately so we have to figure that out as well. Ultimately we need this to be faster, end of story.

So I apologize if things are iffy here and there for the time being.

At an unknown time today the site will be going down for a server move. They found the problem with the speed and are moving us to a faster newer rack. I don't know when it will go down but it will need to propogate DNS all over again. So will take a few hours to get back online. Please be patient when it does go down. We apologize for the downtime.

Migration FINALLY complete. Should be a hell of a lot faster now. Time will tell. :)

So how has the new server been treating everyone? Any issues? Downtime? Hiccups I should know of?

That looks a lot better. :)

Alttabme%20Memory%20Usage.png

That looks a lot better. :)

Alttabme%20Memory%20Usage.png

Fuck thank you soooo much! Finally. I knew something was wrong but had NO IDEA what. I knew it was CPU, but didn't know how to throttle it, thought xenforo was just a bitch.

Yeah, site speed is a lot better lately. I also have my hosting through Dreamhost, and the performance was just terrible these past few weeks with all the DDOS and stuff they're dealing with. I could hardly get the forum that I run for my dad's flight sim group to load. It was a mess, and the whole time they were telling me that it was my site, and making me go through server logs and banning IPs that had over 400 hits in a day... *ponyerr:

Thankfully it's getting better, but I've been considering a VPS over shared hosting (even though the site gets low traffic, I don't think dreamhost gives much horsepower to their shared hosting at all any more, they've grown too fast). I need to talk to you about that, will PM.

Yeah, site speed is a lot better lately. I also have my hosting through Dreamhost, and the performance was just terrible these past few weeks with all the DDOS and stuff they're dealing with. I could hardly get the forum that I run for my dad's flight sim group to load. It was a mess, and the whole time they were telling me that it was my site, and making me go through server logs and banning IPs that had over 400 hits in a day... *ponyerr:

Thankfully it's getting better, but I've been considering a VPS over shared hosting (even though the site gets low traffic, I don't think dreamhost gives much horsepower to their shared hosting at all any more, they've grown too fast). I need to talk to you about that, will PM.

Replied to your PM :)

I've still been experiencing some freezing on the site, like the site will go "offline" for about 2 minutes every couple hours or so. Sometimes I get a "contact your administrator" message, sometimes I get a error page like a 404 or whatever. I'll try to get a SS next time it happens.

Edit: For everyone this happens to, please try to grab a screenshot and submit it to this forum so that the powers that be can get it fixed :)

tr1age

Yeah, I got a "the gateway reset the connection" a few times earlier when trying to send you that PM re: Minecraft.

Yeah what you are experiencing is CPU overload. Drax you can see these stats not me. are we doing it again?

Yeah, likely cron jobs running in the off hours.. but screenshot as requested. The site has been really fast, so it's likely just during peak processing that this is happening.

ykaTkTW.png

Yeah we are working on it still. It's not even spiking the CPU at this point so gotta contact host again to be told nothing helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got the CPU usage under control too which is annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, likely cron jobs running in the off hours.. but screenshot as requested. The site has been really fast, so it's likely just during peak processing that this is happening.

ykaTkTW.png

I notice I get this from time to time. I'll be using the site and I click on a link and the webpage won't respond. I reload and it comes back fine. It happens maybe 1/50 tries but it's happened enough over the last 24 hours that I've noticed it as an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom