Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivenx

Name
Kyle [Jia edit: surname removed]

Age (must be 18+)

Where are you from? (timezone)
Texas, USA (CST)

Do you have any friends in the guild? If so, who?
I have chatted with a couple current guild members, but I did not have any preexisting relationships to [TAB].

Character Name(s)
Sivenr (primary), Sivenx, Sivenn.

What games do you wish to play with the alttabme community?
GW2 of course. I love MineCraft anytime IndustrialCraft2 with RedPower2 is included (ref. my recent post, I think it would be neat to have a team-based competition between some mods on a common server). I used to play SimCity years ago, so would like to try that out sometime. I also like to casually play some TBS (Civilization), RTS (Supreme Commander) and FPS (Battlefield3 PC).

Class/Profession(if applicable)
Ranger/Leatherworker primarily; I am still interested in other Classes and Professions.

What role do you wish to play in the guild? For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social
As long as there are cool people to work with, I'm fine with PvP. I actually look forward to, it IF someone can take me under their wing a bit. I greatly enjoy goofing off and chatting while gaming, but I don't multitask well with intensive mental math and unrelated conversation. So I would say casual/social PvP + PvE.

Which previous MMO's or online games have you played and how long for?
I am essentially a newb. I played a trial period of WoW years ago, but that was solo and I didn't advance much. GW2 is my first real MMO.

Were you a part of a guild? What was your experience?
I joined a casual guild on GW2. Rarely I see someone online and have some casual chat, but there has been essentially no guild-based activity in months, so I will resign if necessary to join [TAB].

How did you hear about the Guild?
I was hanging out with some friends talking about games, when came across a GW2 review. That reminded me how much I like the music and overall game, so I started playing again. After getting my ass handed to me by the game as usual, I started looking for help and found the [TAB] video podcast, which I listened to while I was levelling over a weekend.

What will you bring to the ALTTABME community? (Chatty? Skilled? Funny? Helping?)
If I am familiar or interested in a subject I will happily engage in conversation. My main strengths and interests are in technical subjects - things related to the practical applications of physics or engineering. I try to be articulate whenever possible, but grammar is not my strong suit.

I am still new to MMOs, but in multiplayer gaming I see a vast opportunity to challenge and improve my analytical and social skills. I would really love to learn to be a better leader and tactician.

Will [TAB] be the only guild you join?
In short, yes. [TAB] is not just an in-game tool. It is a social group with a wide variety of people to interact with. As a casual gamer, that is the most important aspect.

How much time do you spend a week on Guild Wars 2 or other games?
On average, I spend 12 hours a week doing some sort of gaming. My focus varies between genres.

Is there anything else you would like to throw in here at the end?
I think I covered a little bit of everything so far. I'd like to reiterate that I'm interested in fostering and participating in teamwork or debauchery in any multiplayer videogame in the genres of RTS, FPS, or MMO. For some reason I just remembered the time I got both teams on a full map of CounterStrike to stop shooting each other, and take some time to find secret rooms and take a group photo.

I also wanted to offer my sincere thanks for the advice about my recent driving accident, I think it really showed the character of the community.

Have you finished all of the prerequisite requirements?
Yes (I read and replied to the rules, I understand I must be active on the forums to stay in the guild, and I have a minimum of 5 posts, I made sure those posts weren't just bullshit)

Will [TAB] be the only guild you join?
In short, yes. [TAB] is not just an in-game tool. It is a social group with a wide variety of people to interact with. As a casual gamer, that is the most important aspect.
You, sir, have won my approval. This mentality combined with the actual want to participate in events (as shown by yesterdays attendance) is exactly what we're looking for! I have to +1 this app ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom