What's new

Slack Chat Feedback

tr1age

Administrator
Staff member
Just opening this to hear thoughts so far.
In a week I will have full statistics of usage etc. And I can compare it to a general usage of the old chat box as well. But so far it seems far more people are using and enjoying this chat to me.

I think the link might be broken. Right now it leads to: http://alttabme.slackin.com/ and that doesn´t seem to be working.

I like the preview when you post something.
I like the giphy integration.
I like that I can Taco people
I like the roll function

I don´t like that I need to have 2 tabs open to check tab and the chat at the same time.
I don´t like the bot spam (new threads, the post that it makes is HUGE)

Clicking the link on the forums page for "Already a Member" gives me a DNS error, but clicking the link inside the original forum post does not.

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.
The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

I think the link might be broken. Right now it leads to: http://alttabme.slackin.com/ and that doesn´t seem to be working.

I don´t like that I need to have 2 tabs open to check tab and the chat at the same time.
I don´t like the bot spam (new threads, the post that it makes is HUGE)

Fixed first part.

You can install the desktop client so you can have chat and tab side by side. Or you can use a chrome popout as well. Just as a work around since they don't offer embed yet.

jbxFi5h.png

Spam bot is staying it keeps the new posts on the site relevant and up to date in the minds of those lost in chat of awesome. However I will look into formatting ;)

Clicking the link on the forums page for "Already a Member" gives me a DNS error, but clicking the link inside the original forum post does not.

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.
The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

fixed

I don't mind the posts coming to chat. It helps me go back and check out the forums more. Is there a way we can reduce the size of those posts though? Euchale was right when he said they are obscenely large especially on mobile.

I don't mind the posts coming to chat. It helps me go back and check out the forums more. Is there a way we can reduce the size of those posts though? Euchale was right when he said they are obscenely large especially on mobile.

Yup looking into it already. Don't know but will try :)

Top Bottom