What's new

MOBA Smite builds

Sasquatauch

Since there are several of us that play Smite, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share their builds for those of us that are still learning. I have come across some items that seem like they work well together, but stink in reality while others are surprisingly good. I'm still figuring it out so I don't have any builds to post... yet. :)

I'll try to find a site that does a template for builds so we can have something with a tooltip explanation, so we don't have to just pull numbers out of our asses :)

Black king bar
Blademail
Rabadons deathcap
Lichbane
...oh wait those aren't Smite items.

http://www.smitefire.com

Contains all information on Gods, Items, and Skills. It also contains some other player made guides on how to build and play those Gods.

EDIT: I started using this site to play some gods I was not familiar with and it has really helped. It gives me a good idea where to start with item purchases and I have been able to be very competitive now.

It really depends on what role you have. You can not have a set build to allways go in Moba games, you have to constantly check the opposite teams build and build out of that to counter them hard. If they go alittle Magic/Phys def, you should go with items that stacks up and reduce their defense, if you are going against a hard defended tank or team you should go for items with 30% penentration. That is what I have learned so far!

It really depends on what role you have. You can not have a set build to allways go in Moba games, you have to constantly check the opposite teams build and build out of that to counter them hard. If they go alittle Magic/Phys def, you should go with items that stacks up and reduce their defense, if you are going against a hard defended tank or team you should go for items with 30% penentration. That is what I have learned so far!
It's true, but say you're playing a general tank. Bulk Health and Regen are always stables, no matter what the opposition builds. So the first few items are most likely going to be pretty standard (just like with my Ymir build, I start with the boots for 5% damage mitigation with health and 25 phys/magic protection, then thebes which gives health and regen, no matter what the comp against me).

Then upon further play against a certain composition, I'll buy items that grant more protection against those that have more penetration. If it's a mage heavy team, I'll buy magic prot items with regen / health on them. I'll get more physical and health if there are more assassins.

It's true, but say you're playing a general tank. Bulk Health and Regen are always stables, no matter what the opposition builds. So the first few items are most likely going to be pretty standard (just like with my Ymir build, I start with the boots for 5% damage mitigation with health and 25 phys/magic protection, then thebes which gives health and regen, no matter what the comp against me).

Then upon further play against a certain composition, I'll buy items that grant more protection against those that have more penetration. If it's a mage heavy team, I'll buy magic prot items with regen / health on them. I'll get more physical and health if there are more assassins.

Well, ofc if you are a tank, there are certen items that are very common and should be used anyhow, but its a little bit more complex if you are a carry / jungler.

http://www.smitefire.com

Contains all information on Gods, Items, and Skills. It also contains some other player made guides on how to build and play those Gods.

EDIT: I started using this site to play some gods I was not familiar with and it has really helped. It gives me a good idea where to start with item purchases and I have been able to be very competitive now.

Yeah, this is what I did w/the god I picked up as well. I still frustratingly suck with him, but I'm getting better and have picked up some interesting combinations that work well for my play style.

Bah, that's too much work for a game I don't really care about.

Bah, that's too much work for a game I don't really care about.
Nah, a bit of reading to get basic concepts, but most of it you learn over time through playing randoms. That's why we play Assault, we learn gods that we don't play normally, thus can think of good ways to counter them :) (and it's fun)

Nah, a bit of reading to get basic concepts, but most of it you learn over time through playing randoms. That's why we play Assault, we learn gods that we don't play normally, thus can think of good ways to counter them :) (and it's fun)

I refer to my previous post lol.

Great site btw. Looked up my main squeeze Isis and a few other gods and found some new possible item combos to use.

The site isn't the best thing out there, but its a definite boost for new players and MOBA noobs like myself. Most of the items I don't know that well or what would be good for the gods I like. I use one of those builds to help me get started while I learn what everything does and what I should grab. I'll modify as I see fit.

The site isn't the best thing out there, but its a definite boost for new players and MOBA noobs like myself. Most of the items I don't know that well or what would be good for the gods I like. I use one of those builds to help me get started while I learn what everything does and what I should grab. I'll modify as I see fit.

Definitely but it gives me some new item combos to try out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I feel like I should write down the items I want to use. By the time I get into a match and the heat of the battle is on, I blank and forget what is good.

I feel like I should write down the items I want to use. By the time I get into a match and the heat of the battle is on, I blank and forget what is good.
Eventually it becomes habit, but that's not a bad idea.

Top Bottom