What's new

Stupid Drivers...

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
I am surprised nobody has ranted about this yet. Why do stupid people need to be behind a wheel? The DMV needs to raise their standards about who they give their licenses to. I feel like they are giving them away like giving away candy. Living in the capitol of a city has its ups and downs. I can get to places so much easier because they are right down the road. But that also means 10,000 other people have the same idea but they have to get there .00000002% faster than me by cutting me off, flipping me off, close to running me off the road.

Then there are your do it all on the road cause i am that cool of a driver. Well, reality check, you aren't. While you think you have control of you vehicle. You don't, it is all over the road. Put your lipstick down and pay attention before you kill yourself or someone else.

Put the phone down, it can wait until you stop and are in park. Not at a stoplight where i have to honk at your stupid ass for waiting until the light turns red again to go.

I know this has gotten off topic but i had to rant because i was almost run off the road 3 times on my way to work and its not even an 8 minute drive. Come on people. Like i always say, "You can't fix stupid" but we can keep it in check by DMV doing their job.

Thank you for tuning in.

I will admit, I am not a good driver. Despite attending racing classes and having countless track-days, I am still passable at best. Compared to most drivers, I would like to say that I pay more attention to what is going on. Even still, I am not a good driver.

I do NOT text while I am driving.
I DO text occasionally at stopsigns/stoplights. (However, I am more concerned with my surroundings than actually getting a text out. Lately I have resorted to using speech-to-text in these situations.)
I tailgate RARELY.
I do act like an idiot when I'm driving alone and am around no-one.
I will occasionally accelerate rapidly in residential areas (horrible).
I do not speed on highways... and RARELY race anymore (this doesn't mean I don't take spirited drives through the park on Sunday mornings).
I DO stop for any yellow lights that I see.

All things said... I DO pay attention to who is driving around me, try to anticipate their moves, and generally stay away from people and drive defensively. The rush is not worth the consequence. If they want around, I slow down and let em by.

But I am still not a good driver.

Apologies.

I have to agree, stupid drivers need to be weeded out at the DMV. If ever I see those teen chicks texting (and the occasional soccer mom) I actually either honk at them to wake em up or yell out the window even, if they have their window down, of course. I've scared a couple of girls in my time, lol.

I see them trying to get their text out while at a stop light and not finishing, so they keep going even while taking their foot off the brake, HONK! stop texting you moron! Yeah, it's like that *ponydurr:

I was pulling into a Walgreen's parking lot once and the car coming towards me was half on my side of the lane, it was a warm summer day so we both had our windows open. She looked up just in time to get out of my way I realized immediately that she was looking at her phone and as she passed I yelled 'STOP TEXTING!' hopefully I got through to this insane chick. It was terrifying!

People do other stupid things besides texting, but that seems to be the latest craze.

I have to agree, stupid drivers need to be weeded out at the DMV. If ever I see those teen chicks texting (and the occasional soccer mom) I actually either honk at them to wake em up or yell out the window even, if they have their window down, of course. I've scared a couple of girls in my time, lol.

I see them trying to get their text out while at a stop light and not finishing, so they keep going even while taking their foot off the brake, HONK! stop texting you moron! Yeah, it's like that *ponydurr:

I was pulling into a Walgreen's parking lot once and the car coming towards me was half on my side of the lane, it was a warm summer day so we both had our windows open. She looked up just in time to get out of my way I realized immediately that she was looking at her phone and as she passed I yelled 'STOP TEXTING!' hopefully I got through to this insane chick. It was terrifying!

People do other stupid things besides texting, but that seems to be the latest craze.
Couldn't agree more, its pretty dangerous now. You have to be a defensive driver now because of it. I miss the country, two lane roads, almost nobody near you for miles.

It seems like each city has it's own breed of stupid driver. In Kansas City, they drive too slow and don't know how to merge. It's very common to see a car stopped on an on ramp with their turn signal on, apparently wating for all fraffic to clear before they enter the highway.

When I've driven through Chicago, everyone went very fast with little to no regard for turn signal use when changing lanes. I had never been in bumper to bumper traffic cruising at 60 mph before.

Add snow, and it's a whole other ball game. Here in KC, any slight wisp of snow and everyone FREAKS OUT and creeps along as slowly as possible. However, if there is a nice sheet of ice over everything with no snow on the road, everyone goes fast again.

In Minnesota, they are used to it, they'll just drift around the turns.

Add snow, and it's a whole other ball game. Here in KC, any slight wisp of snow and everyone FREAKS OUT and creeps along as slowly as possible. However, if there is a nice sheet of ice over everything with no snow on the road, everyone goes fast again.

That's funny, in Indiana, the first snow everyone turns into an idiot, it gets better as the season wears on, but people seem to forget how to drive in snow when they don't see it for a few months. This year is going to be bananas, we didn't have a lick of snow last winter, this winter's first snow is going to be a massacre, lol*psycho*

Driving from Texas to Rhode Island was pretty terrifying at times. People do NOT know how to use turn signals (or know how to drive in general). They're all assholes when it comes to a lane being shut down or a blockage in the road. It's always about them and never anyone else. It's kind of like the internet in that people don't see each other as people. You're just a car/truck/SUV to them and who gives a crap what a car thinks, wants or needs. I consider myself a pretty good driver, which is hard to convince people of since I'm female. I'm also a very anxious driver. I'm not very aggressive and I'm constantly glancing in every mirror. This wears me out so fast, and all the jerks on the road make me hate driving. I'm dreading so hard moving to Mass. and driving downtown all the time. :|

In Minnesota, they are used to it, but still drive like it's their first time.
FTFY

I'm told it is legal to switch lanes without a turn signal... Well not in my book! If I ever buy a crappy truck I don't care about totaling, people are going to get hurt... I've wanted to P.I.T. since I was a boy - and there are hundreds of people that seem to want me to try...

I'm pretty bad at being a girl.

My God, finally found a girl like me! LoL, I hate shopping, talking on the phone, shoes (I have 1 pair, wait, 2 if you count my in house slippers, lol) I generally dislike anything girly, even the color pink *lick: ponies are badass though! I would wear high heels, so long as they're boots and I had an occasion to wear them.

And I don't drive like a chick, I'm actually a fairly cautious driver myself. I'd rather wait til those 5 cars go by than try to make a dash across the intersection and I'll wait for the next turn light instead of trying to make it through the yellow light.

I'm not a good driver, but I don't take risks with other people. Sure, I might take that roundabout in 4th gear if it's empty, and maybe the junk on my back seat goes flying everywhere, and maybe my passengers don't appreciate how fast I took that easy corner...but if there's someone on that roundabout I slow/stop to make sure they aren't turning into my path. I always look behind me when changing lanes/turning...

but if there's no one there in clear visibility, I might well do something stupid.

I want to die quietly in my sleep like my grandpa; not screaming all crazy like the people in the back seat of his car.

Oh god if I have one thing that infuriates me, it's shitheads who insist on driving in the passing lane.

If you're not actively passing anyone, GET OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!
If there's nobody in front of you, and a line of cars behind you, GET OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!
If people are passing you on the right, GET OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!

YOU, not anyone else, are the cause of traffic. Because your dumbass decided you just HAVE to drive in the left hand lane, you force EVERYONE ELSE to adjust according to you. If you had even the slightest amount of common courtesy, everything would be fine. But no, you're the most important thing in the world, aren't you?

*"You" is not directed at anyone in this thread, only to the object of my scorn.

Top Bottom