What's new

SWTOR: May the 4th Be With You

Milleuda

Mother Hen

For those of you interested in scratching that MMO itch and want to level a character solely through an immersive story, SWTOR is bringing back its 12x XP promotion. It will be available starting May 4th through this fall to subscribers.

The last time they ran this was right before the Shadow of Revan expansion, so this is a big deal. Out of all the MMO's I have played, SWTOR definitely had the best class stories, and now you can skip all those boring quest hubs on planets and get a character to max level!

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I am currently playing on the Republic Side on the Jedi Convenant server. If you have never played the game and want to give it a try, use my referral link to get extra goodies and level up quicker!

Oh yea, anyone who logs in by May 4th also gets a free Astromech Droid pet.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/may-the-fourth

***​
TRAVEL THE GALAXY WITH YOUR NEW ASTROMECH DROID!

In honor of May the 4th, we are giving the M4-1S Astromech Droid to the entire Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community!*
  • Join the battle by May 4th to to claim your new Astromech Droid.
* To qualify for the M4-1S Astromech Droid, you have to have logged in to your SWTOR account between April 4, 2015 at 12:01AM PDT // 7:01AM GMT and May 4, 2015 at 11:59PM PDT // May 5, 2015 at 6:59AM GMT. The M4-1S Astromech Droid will be delivered to you via in-game mail within 24 hours after the promotional period ends.

FOCUS ON YOUR STORY WITH THE EPIC STORY XP BOOST!

THE BOOST DELIVERS AN ACCELERATED AND MORE IMMERSIVE STORY EXPERIENCE!

Inspired by the popularity of the 12x XP Boost, Subscribers can level faster while experiencing a deeper and more engaging story-telling experience. The Epic Story XP Boost includes reduced cool down on quick travel options and increased commendations to facilitate acquisition of the gear you need when you need it.

• Level your characters from 1 – 55 at an accelerated rate
  • Now you have the ability to toggle on/off the Epic Story XP Boost once acquired
  • Act now, the Epic Story XP Boost ends this Fall

So does any of this apply to the non-subbed crowd? I see for the droid pet that it says "entire" SW community but does the 12x apply as well

Sad Baldo

I know :(

If you can manage it, paying for a sub for a month when you have time is worth it. You can get at least 1 character to max level (estimates range that it takes 9-12 hours to go from 1-60). Then you can unsub and have a max level character to do level 60 stuff with.

Just a thought.

Might be worth it if only to PL some toons and then walk away. 12x exp is serious business.
Agreed. If anything, the story is worth the sub for a month or two. Let me know if you want recommendations on best story (obviously IMO).

Which story DO you think is best, and why?

Gimmie answers for both Pub and Imp sides.
Imperial Agent, in my opinion, is THE BEST story out of all 8 classes. It's just one of those plots with so many twists and keeps your attention through all chapters. Some of the other stories aren't as developed after chapter 1, but the agent story kept me intrigued through the end. It also feels very James Bond if that's your thing. A close second on the imperial side would be the Inquisitor story, simply because it has all the bad-assery that comes with being a sith.

On the Republic side, my favorite was the Jedi Consular story. Without spoiling too much, you run around saving some of the most important figures on the Jedi Council and it "feels" like a Jedi story. The Jedi Knight story would be second place for me on this side, for many of the same reasons as the Consular.

I've played through all the base class story lines now and definitely think it's worth checking out for story, if anything else. The endgame isn't anything special compared to other games, so the story is really the only thing that makes SWTOR stand out to other MMOs.

I have to agree that imperial agent is the best story line in the game. I do love the bounty hunter story though. My favorite sub character in the game is Gault (aka. Tyresius Lokai)

Bounty Hunter is alright. The companions do make for interesting stories as well. Jaesa on the Sith Warrior side has an interesting story (probably one of the better companion stories)

this boost is still in effect and is amazing. I have only done story missions and have been blowing through it. Wow this is impressive. For such a slow leveler like myself this is huge. I'll be playing more here so anyone want to give me a shoutout I am on the Harbinger. (Sith) but I can play some jedi

Glad you are enjoying it! It's definitely worth it if you haven't seen all of the stories. I ended up playing through each of the 8 stories during the promotion.

Wow, I really need to do that. sad the 12x XP ends october 19th. I usually only play lightsaber wielders but may try the other ones just to get a jist of their stories

Wow, I really need to do that. sad the 12x XP ends october 19th. I usually only play lightsaber wielders but may try the other ones just to get a jist of their stories
If I had to give one recommendation, you should definitely complete the Imperial Agent light side story. It's like... amazing.

Agreed. Imperial Agent has pretty much the best storyline in the whole game. You will feel like a badass by the end of it.

I like the Smuggler storyline for how low-key it starts, and the Consular is great for the whole 'mythic healer' gig.

The bounty hunters story was my favorite, plus Mako is the best companion in the game and Tyresius Lokai (Gault) has the best side story stuff with all his get rich quick schemes.

The bounty hunters story was my favorite, plus Mako is the best companion in the game and Tyresius Lokai (Gault) has the best side story stuff with all his get rich quick schemes.

You just like her because the BH is the only class to start with a healer companion. Which makes the game suuuuper easy mode.

You just like her because the BH is the only class to start with a healer companion. Which makes the game suuuuper easy mode.
I love Mako and were married and she hates that I'm mean all the time get off my back about it (<3)

Top Bottom