What's new

MOBA Tell me about Smite

Will do. And danke!

Playtime will be sporadic on the weekends, with some play on weekday evenings after about midnight EST. I'll get more playtime on weekdays so long as I can crank out my Hearthstone daily during lunchtime.

Well, that was fun. Level 6 and it's 3am already.

My best match was with Hercules (+8 worshippers, I think that's how I can judge it?), but I was also grouped with 2 Beta Testers. That frost giant guy was pretty fun.

Nice! Hercules is a powerhouse if built right. if you can get his #2 and then follow with a #3 into a tower it is an easy kill. Higher lvl they look for that combo though but if done right can help a team tremendously.

Seems you like mele characters that can take a hit.... try Bacchus, his skill set is a little tougher to understand but is pretty fun.

I was skimming through the High Defense, High Crowd Control characters yesterday (Braccus, Ares, and the girl with the shield come to mind). I played Arena since Conquest didn't unlock until level 5, and I felt like I was able to contribute more as an HDef/HCC or HDef/High Sustainability class since I was dying less. I did like Apollos mobility, though.

I do see the appeal of the game. It's far more engaging early on than any other MOBA I've tried. If "easy to learn but hard to master" is the golden formula, then I'd say Hi-Rez has the easy part down pat. The tutorials, character synopses, and auto-skillups + auto-items take away all the early game anxiety. I really had an opportunity to focus on the class I was playing, the environments, and study the items it chose for me. Good stuff.

yeah that is great, i need someone to defend my squishy mages :) They do a really good job on bringing new people up to speed but once you get a little confident try lvling without the autolvl and auto buy items. You will begin to destroy others when you can master it.

What times do you usually play? I think i saw you playing last night at 1 p.m. EST.

The earliest I can start is around 12a EST. Yesterday was a bit abnormal because I was having fun... I think 12a-6a EST (9p-3a my time).

Will Smite survive HoTS?

I was confused because I read that as "Heart of the Swarm." Blizz needs to get more creative with their names.

HEROES of the STORM is different enough from Smite that I don't see it as replacing it at all. Most notably, the zoomed in, over the shoulder view is still unique to Smite. The Season 2 Smite update to their most popular map is eye-poppingly amazing graphically, as well as refreshing to the meta for a new season. No one who has been playing will get bored with it any time soon, and the updated graphics will hold new player's attention as well.

Smite is the only MOBA on PC that I have ever played (other than a little dabbling in HoTS Alpha and Beta), so I can't compare it to DOTA and LoL. I think the fan base of those games is going to stay very loyal to them, pretty much regardless of anything any other game does. Those companies would have to seriously piss off their base to get them to leave.

Top Bottom