What's new

The best show in the verse

Pearse

Was wondering if there is any Brown Coats around these parts..... If there is, it is a pleasure to meet you. But if there is no Brown Coats let me explain what one is as you scratch your head.

A Brown Coat is someone who loves, is addicted to the cult show Firefly, by Joss Whedon. The show has 14 episodes and got taken down, but it is still amazing! If you are looking for something to watch please go watch this!!!! Then we can speculate on it, because that is fun too!!!!!!!!

firefly was awesome. They shoulda went further. I believe fans wanted them to go further but just stopped. Serenity was awesome as well. Loved the last fight scene.

How do you not have the coat XD one of the few shows that I watch.... Up there with A Song of Ice and Fire! (Game of Thrones for all you TV people)
What did people think of the universe compared to the other big future space universes? (Star Wars and Star Trek) I know some people say Firefly is more realistic but do you guys think so..? Or is it more likely we will fall into something like Star Trek (with or without the aliens) where we can warp speed around and all that fun stuff....?

It's hard to compare for me because it is such a limited body of work compared to the Star Trek and Star Wars universes that have been fleshed out to the extreme. I know there's been lots of fan made things expanding the Firefly universe, but there's nowhere near as much cannon to go off of.

Or is it more likely we will fall into something like Star Trek
This won't happen. The world in the Star Trek universe is communist, and the major corporations will never let that happen.

This won't happen. The world in the Star Trek universe is communist, and the major corporations will never let that happen.

My understanding of Star Trek is that the introduction of the affordable replicator wiped out food and water shortages pretty much overnight. That's the major breakthrough that stopped wars over resources and made people less materialistic. The shift in peoples' needs is what took the power away from corporations and led to a unified world government. I think Abrams would also point to the almost complete abolishment of religion as another significant factor.

Firefly is nowhere near as idealistic, and I don't think the same kinds of miraculous technology exist.

firefly was awesome. They shoulda went further. I believe fans wanted them to go further but just stopped. Serenity was awesome as well. Loved the last fight scene.

Not enough viewers for Fox they also aired the episodes out of order which i'm sure didn't help with the ratings.

Not enough viewers for Fox they also aired the episodes out of order which I'm sure didn't help with the ratings.
Fox went out of their way to screw over the show.

• They aired the 2nd episode first because they thought the pilot didn't have enough action. The reason the pilot didn't have all the action was it was setting up all the characters so you would know who was who and have a connection right off the bat. People watched the "first" (second) episode and were lost.
  • Fox switched the night it was airing multiple times without telling the viewers at all.
  • Fox refused to put advertising behind it.
  • Fox then blamed the show for bad ratings
I own the dvd set of the shows which includes the 2 unaired episodes. My main in GW2 was named T1G Browncoat. I have seen pretty much everything Joss Whedon has done. Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog was one of the masterpieces of the internet. I am a leaf on the wind.

I am also a leaf on the wind, a Whedonite, a browncoat. I completely agree with your post T1G. Those fuckers at fox went out of their way to screw the show. You will be excited with what I picked up at comic con. Post to come when I get home in a few hours.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I have only watched the show once through a play through marathon when browsing Netflix. I love it but I have a hard time dealing with shows that just get cancelled especially if I really fall in love with them. I have been meaning to watch it again though as I am running out of stuff to watch on Netflix, lol.

Don't forget the movie serenity. Watch it after the season since that is when it was made. Not sure when it fits in the timeline, but its better to watch after the series since you know all the characters.

Was wondering if there is any Brown Coats around these parts..... If there is, it is a pleasure to meet you. But if there is no Brown Coats let me explain what one is as you scratch your head.

A Brown Coat is someone who loves, is addicted to the cult show Firefly, by Joss Whedon. The show has 14 episodes and got taken down, but it is still amazing! If you are looking for something to watch please go watch this!!!! Then we can speculate on it, because that is fun too!!!!!!!!

I watch this series at least one time a year. Every time it ends I get mad all over again! At least we have Wildstar to pretend it is a Firefly MMO :)

Oh man do I love firefly just started rewatching this show last night.... I think this would be the 10th journey through this godly roller coaster of emotion. Nothing beats Wash playing with dinosaurs in Serenity. :)

Oh man do I love firefly just started rewatching this show last night.... I think this would be the 10th journey through this godly roller coaster of emotion. Nothing beats Wash playing with dinosaurs in Serenity. :)

When you are done watching it again, you will get mad all over again like I do EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

When you are done watching it again, you will get mad all over again like I do EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Yeah then I go into a deep depression until I start watching it again... It's just a vicious cycle of emotions...

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk.

did anyone see the article thing about this and netflix.
i can't rememeber exactly what it said. but i believe it was along the lines of netflix did/was looking to buy firefly and potentially wold try to create more episodes.
there were also some more shows and such they bought nut like isaid can't remember. serenity is one of my favourite films. just the right balance of violence, warm fuzzies and shiney things

did anyone see the article thing about this and netflix.
i can't rememeber exactly what it said. but i believe it was along the lines of netflix did/was looking to buy firefly and potentially wold try to create more episodes.
there were also some more shows and such they bought nut like isaid can't remember. serenity is one of my favourite films. just the right balance of violence, warm fuzzies and shiney things

They were looking to buy it...No new news on if they did. I hope they do it right and bring everyone back in. Cause if they don't...they wasted their money. I think that is still up in the air though. What i do know is there are a bunch of comics out and Joss' Son is writing new ones this year. They are all from Dark Horse comics, I picked a few up at Comic con.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/"Serenity"/PpwNwkt8

They were looking to buy it...No new news on if they did. I hope they do it right and bring everyone back in. Cause if they don't...they wasted their money. I think that is still up in the air though. What i do know is there are a bunch of comics out and Joss' Son is writing new ones this year. They are all from Dark Horse comics, I picked a few up at Comic con.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/"Serenity"/PpwNwkt8
My god I need to check these out! Love comic con Austin had one and just had to go to it bought way to much stuff! I'll probably upload a pic later

As for the comics do they take place where Firefly left off or is it a retelling from beginning to end?

Top Bottom