What's new

MMO The Division Betas vs Full Release

Zakis

War Priestess
EHO42Rp.jpg
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ist_of_clarifications_from_beta_to_full_game/

A fellow agent and redditor took the time to scour the previous open beta weekend stream to find some clarifications about major issues a lot of people are discussing. I found the info good to know, as I know some of you will too. Copy pasta below:

The list is as follows:
  • You do not start the game at level 4, it starts at level 1. (You know nothing Jon Snow)
  • The DZ vendors in Beta were purposely given (purple) items, they will not be so easily attainable early in the full game. These were placed in for testing purposes. The higher the DZ rank requirement, the higher the quality of loot
  • There is an "in-game loot loop" that we haven't experienced. (Speculation: This is probably in regards to recycling old and gear with stats you don't want into materials and crafting it into upgraded gear for your level)
  • To those worried the Dark Zone is the only viable way to get the Best-In-Slot gear, equivalent and better gear can also be earned through PvE activities (missions, encounters, etc.) during a community podcast it was stated, "Some of the best gear in the game you'll be able to get through crafting" (Entirely unexplored system hype)
  • The appearance menu will have an updated UI come release to avoid the clutter we encountered in Beta
  • Cosmetic items are account-wide
  • Missions will have 3 difficulties: Normal, Hard, Challenge Mode (My speculation: If it is anything reminiscent of WoW CMs, we're in for a treat)
  • It was stated by a dev there was end-game (besides the DZ) they weren't able to talk about quite yet (Yes this is nothing new but it's worth noting)
  • Majority of bugs reported/experienced during both Beta's have already been fixed for full game, they are beta builds for that reason
  • The full game will have 3 different colorblind settings
  • After launch, there will be weekly maintenance, addressing bugs, fixes, balancing, house cleaning, etc.
  • The Base of Operations will have a DZ Funds Vendor that allows you to convert regular division funds (orange) into DZ funds (purple). (Speculation: This will be based on an exchange rate)
Side note: Those worried people will just convert regular currency and buy DZ gear, remember, you still have to earn DZ rank in order to obtain that gear. Meaning, even if they have the currency, they have to participate in DZ activity in order for that conversion to be worth while. A trade-off.
  • Console versions of the game will be able to adjust graphic settings to increase frame rate. You'll be able to choose Performance, or Visual Fidelity
  • Enemy NPC density and roaming capabilities in and out of the DZ will be increased come the full game
  • Come full game your character won't be randomized you will have access to: Face type, skin tone, eye color, hairstyle/color, war paint, tattoos, scars, glasses and piercings
  • Contaminated zones will have 4 levels requiring you to have the appropriate mask or 'filters' to survive the requirements. This means parts of the map can't be accessed until your mask is upgraded. Full breakdown by Arrekz here
  • In regards to equipping Skills, Talents, and Perks: You can have 2 skills and 1 signature skill equipped. You can have 4 talents selected (5 with a perk), perks once unlocked are automatically granted (no equip necessary) and can all be used at the same time
  • Fun tid-bit, the Vector with the stock exists and it is in the full game! This is the most important thing listed
Again, these are things that were not clarified or unknown for many. Lots of questions asked could not be answered and for good reason. If we knew everything there was to the game before release, it would diminish the experience. I'm sure I missed some things, but this is why we have a dedicated community. Feel free to add on things you know that aren't in the list you'd like the community to know!

Last edited:
Definitely answers a lot of things I was concerned about. Can't wait to see what challenge mode will be.

Interested in seeing the end game PvE side of stuff as well, though I do think PvP will end up being my main focus it would be nice if other end game options remain viable and not just the usual lack of PvE endgame goals.

This really helps make it more appealing to a PvE player like myself. The betas seemed very PvP focused and that wasn't something that really interested me.

This really helps make it more appealing to a PvE player like myself. The betas seemed very PvP focused and that wasn't something that really interested me.

I dunno the PvE was really fun in Beta. Just not a lot of it.

I dunno the PvE was really fun in Beta. Just not a lot of it.
I totally agree here. Ran the dungeon hardmode several times in groups sized from 2-4 in the first beta. Always challenging and fun. Got some good drops from it too.

Top Bottom