What's new

Wrap Up The Resistance (beta 1.28) Sign-ups!

Jia

pic791146_md.jpg

While the first game is currently still underway, I thought it would be a good idea to have the next sign-up thread up and going to reduce the waiting time for the next game. Anyone is welcome to join (as long as there are enough open spots - 10 is the maximum!), including those of you who are currently playing the first game.

This game won't start until the other game is finished and we've had the chance to evaluate it! I might add a few tweaks to the following rules, depending on the feedback of the first game's players.

Instructions

Game Objective

The Resistance is a social deduction game with secret identities. Players are either members of the Resistance attempting to overthrow a malignant government, or Spies trying to thwart the Resistance. The Resistance wins the game if three Missions are completed successfully; the Spies win if three Missions fail. The Spies can also win if the Resistance is unable to organize the Mission Team at any point in the game (5 failed votes on a single mission).

A fundamental rule of the game is that players may say anything that they want, at any time during the game. Discussion, deception, intuition, social interaction and logical deductions are all equally important to winning.

The Resistance-to-Spy ratio depends on the number of players in the game:
Resistance-Spy-ratio_zps0b5d47b7.png
Roles will be assigned randomly. Spies will know one another, while Resistance members will not know which side the other players belong to.​

Game Play

The game consists of several rounds, each round is comprised of a Team Building phase and a Mission phase.

Team Building phase
The team building phase consists of the Leader picking the players that he would like on the Mission Team, then followed by all the players voting to approve/reject the Mission Team.

Mission Team assignment
After appropriate discussion, the Leader picks a predefined number of players for the mission (he can also include himself).
number-per-mission_zpse116af52.png
Mission Team Vote
After appropriate discussion, the Game Master (GM) calls for a vote on the Team assignments. Each player, including the Leader, sends the GM a private message with their vote. After all players have sent the GM their vote, the results are revealed. The Mission Team is approved if the majority of Votes are affirmative. The Mission Team fails if a majority rejected the assignments; a tied vote is also a rejection. If the Mission Team is rejected, the next player on the list is the new Leader, and the Team building phase is repeated.

Conduct the Mission
Each player on the Mission Team must secretly decide to either support or sabotage the Mission. They send the GM a private message with their decision. The Mission is successful only if all votes were "Success" cards. The Mission fails if one (or more) "Fail" votes were cast.

Notes: The Resistance Operatives must vote for "Success"; Spies may vote either "Success" or "Failure".

The 4th Mission in games of 7 or more players requires at least two "Failure" votes to be a failed mission.

After the Mission has been completed, leadership is passed on to the next player on the list and the Team building phase of the next round begins.

Game End

The game ends immediately after either three successful or three failed Missions. The Resistance wins if three Missions are successful. The Spies win if three Missions fail.

Notes: Information in The Resistance comes at multiple levels. First are players' voting patterns, second are Mission results, and third are cues that you can discern from player interactions. Resistance Operatives must use all the information at hand to root out the Spy infestation.

It's not easy to overthrow a powerful government. You can expect the Spies will win a significant proportion of the time with the core game rules, particularly when played with more than 7 players.

Like this game? You'd like to play it offline with your friends? Check out Indie Boards & Cards and support the developer!

Currently signed up:

#1: Kismet
#2: Keleynal
#3: Baldoraxx
#4: Drac
#5: Xipher

Resistance in a nutshell (thanks Tig!):

Part 1
1 person chooses x number of players to go on a mission
all players vote yes or no on whether those players get to go on the mission.
if majority yes then mission starts
if majority no (or tie occurs) then new leader picks mission members and no penalty for the game.
if 5 teams are consecutively rejected, spies automatically win.

Part 2
once mission starts only players on mission vote succeed or fail
resistance can only vote succeed
spy can vote succeed or fail
if all vote succeed mission succeeds
if one or more vote fail then mission fails

Win conditions
3 succeeded missions and resistance wins
3 failed mission and spies wins
5 mission teams have been consecutively rejected: spies win.

Sweet!

See if you guys can convince another person or two who didn't join the first game to join this one.

I'd also be interested in hosting one in the future, if this proves to be popular. That would also give Jia a chance to play.

Chuck Norris breaks the game though.
When Chuck Norris goes on a mission, there's no mission outcome vote. The mission is always a success.

How do you explain this?

That saber is definitely more green than red.
Because Anakin was a spy. Which i am not. For a jedi your face gets a darker look which symbolize SPY. Look at Chuck to your left. There is nothing evil in that face which means he is still a true awesome jedi which means i can't be a spy :)

Hope that wasn't to confusing

And his lightsaber was blue not green. Blue can mean he plays with both sides :)
Green is pure jedi

That saber is definitely more green than red.
Hmm... actually, it's just as close to green as it is to red, color spectrum-wise.
Does this mean Chuck Norris' identity is unclear beforehand?
Glad you pointed that out just in time, I was about to rework the game's rules to add Chuck Norris into the equation:

chucknorris_zpsa16f69dc.png

This game is incredibly fun. People should sign up. It shows me though that I would be voted off first on survivor though cause i am all over the place on who to believe and it does my head in.

This game is incredibly fun. People should sign up. It shows me though that I would be voted off first on survivor though cause i am all over the place on who to believe and it does my head in.

I concur T1G... and Jia, you are so smart to have tried it on the forum! Loving it :).

Top Bottom