What's new

The tab-target sin

Tab targeting can also screw you bad in PvP where there may be pets, totems, clones, all over like in WoW. To even waste a second tabbing to the wrong target can cost you a game in some scenarios. So I try not to unless I get in lazy mode then I don't care anyway I guess.

Also I'm really excited for the free form targeting. I can't wait to see if it can make even something like leveling / grinding more fun and engaging. I'm sure it will obviously but for how long? Will I still get bored to death and barely be able to make myself level that 3rd alt or will I still have a blast just because my brain is actually having to stay somewhat alert and aim skills in combat? It works in MOBAs, I really can't wait to see how it works in Wildstar.

Actually I'm very excited about WS "Hybrid" combat system, I mean it has some targeting to it but also a lot more action than the traditional MMORPG.
I LOVE GW2's combat honestly if they could improve the endgame (actually having any) it would be perfect but if GW2 had a son with WOW it would be Wildstar, would I call it Action tabbing, perhaps.

Actually I'm very excited about WS "Hybrid" combat system, I mean it has some targeting to it but also a lot more action than the traditional MMORPG.
I LOVE GW2's combat honestly if they could improve the endgame (actually having any) it would be perfect but if GW2 had a son with WOW it would be Wildstar, would I call it Action tabbing, perhaps.

Now having played GW2 and being so excited for it pre-launch I must admit I think the holy trinity is almost a must have for any sort of challenging PvE experience. For example I watched a ESO gameplay video today. I watched an archer character pull agro from 2 mobs and take minimal damage, and then I watched a mage type character with a staff pretty much channeling an attack and face tanking a mob. I just don't see how they can make the content difficult enough with this system. Now with the trinity, and the tank being the one supposed to take the hits they can make the mobs hit a crap ton harder since it will be greatly mitigated. Then when a dps does get agro hopefully it will kill them or nearly kill them in seconds without fast response from defensive CDs and/or clutch healing. Then you add more mobs which requires some sort of CC to help the healer not have to spam themselves oom doing their job. Like JG always says in interviews... it just works.

Now having played GW2 and being so excited for it pre-launch I must admit I think the holy trinity is almost a must have for any sort of challenging PvE experience. For example I watched a ESO gameplay video today. I watched an archer character pull agro from 2 mobs and take minimal damage, and then I watched a mage type character with a staff pretty much channeling an attack and face tanking a mob. I just don't see how they can make the content difficult enough with this system. Now with the trinity, and the tank being the one supposed to take the hits they can make the mobs hit a crap ton harder since it will be greatly mitigated. Then when a dps does get agro hopefully it will kill them or nearly kill them in seconds without fast response from defensive CDs and/or clutch healing. Then you add more mobs which requires some sort of CC to help the healer not have to spam themselves oom doing their job. Like JG always says in interviews... it just works.

That seems like a single player game where other people are in the same world as you. That does not make an MMO. MMOs are more about the strategic element of cooperative gameplay to challenge difficult enemies or encounters.

The more I hear about ESO the more it seems like it's going to be another flop. Not even sure if I'm going to try it out at this point..

That seems like a single player game where other people are in the same world as you. That does not make an MMO. MMOs are more about the strategic element of cooperative gameplay to challenge difficult enemies or encounters.

Oh and did I mention those 2 references I mentioned where in a dungeon group?... I may play it just to explore the world and play solo but I can't see getting into it any more than that really. The movement and combat seems terrible for a game launching in Q1 2014.

Top Bottom