What's new

There goes the economy

Honestly I consider selling of currency in MMOs to be harm reduction. If people want to buy gold, they will - might as well exploit them to take money from sellers and put it back in the game. As Euch says I don't think it's terribly important in this or most games at the end of the day.

The only reason I want this to happen is if it truely means they are winding down support for WoW. Why? Because it is possible they are preparing for future MMO endeavors.

What they're doing is no different from what EVE Online or Wildstar have done about the same issue.

I think they're seriously late to the party, but at least they did something. I support this for the same reasons I support this system in other MMO's. Its grounded in good business sense, in my opinion.

It's all in how you spin it.
I wouldn't say this is "selling gold" they are selling game time, but now that time can be traded in game.
As said above, they are late to the game on this one and its a good feature.

Have time, trade your gold.
Have money, trade your time cards.

They're not selling gold outright and that's where the line should be drawn.
Honestly they're not selling anything they didn't before, but they are freeing up how players can play the game.

Honestly I consider selling of currency in MMOs to be harm reduction. If people want to buy gold, they will.

This.

Plus, I think it's a good business strategy. There are casual players out there with less time but disposable income, so they might as well support the video game and be efficient with their resources.

I can appreciate that it will allow players to purchase game time with in game currency. That is a good thing.

Top Bottom