What's new

Thought's On The Elder Scrolls Online????

Rafiki

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/

Three alliances are vying for the throne of Tamriel, in a massive player-versus-player war. Lead your guild, your alliance and your friends, in an epic three-way strategic battle of territorial supremacy and siege warfare for control of the Imperial City.
Join the Ebonheart Pact, The Aldmeri Dominion, or the The Daggerfall Covenant and join the battle to control all of Tamriel. To the victors go the spoils of the war and the throne of the Emperor!

I'm quite excited for this game. I'm all for 3 faction pvp in a open world player vs player system. Everything from the huge exploration it will have, down to the combat and the combined attacks from classes. For example: if a mage-like class sets down a fire field and a warrior-like class does a spinning attack within it, fireballs are then tossed all around.

Theres a lot of negativity towards this game though, people say theres no way they can make an Elder Scrolls online and keep everything that made it awsome. Say that it may be a Dark Fall all over again.

Again didn't see a post for this, but new to these forums so if there is one please delete lol.

I dunno man. They have NEVER made an MMO. I have very little hope for them. But hey maybe they will do well....

Can't really say much without any gameplay footage... Ofc every developer wants to herald their next project as the savior to all mankind (e.g. swtor, rift, aion, tsw, etc.) but few studios can actually make a game that is fun to play.

I like the elder scrolls series (Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind) but i'm not sold on an MMO from them... i'm more a casual player and with GW 2 coming out i don't think ill have the time for another MMO.

I love the lore behind Elder Scrolls and the games themselves, but I will probably be too lost in Guild Wars 2/Planetside 2 to worry bout that, unless its amazing lol.

I'm having a really hard time seeing how the gameplay will work in an MMO environment. If they completely change it to a more standard MMO formula then that would just ruin it for me and not be an Eldar Scrolls game anymore.

I would rather have a Skyrim 2.

No. The correct phrase would be "I would rather have Elder Scrolls VI"

although this isnt Bethesda Game Studios, (The company who made Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 3), this is Zenimax Online. We can assume BGS is working on another Fallout game, elder scrolls game, or a new IP (Which I doubt, as the Fallout and Elder Scrolls Ip's are very successful)

I do know a lot of the top devs on Zenimax Online worked on Ultima and DAOC. So there is SOME hope, but from what I hear its mainly a focus on the lore of TES, and not really the gameplay.

either way I will play for a month just to see the lore. I'm a massive Elder Scrolls lore nerd, and I've played all 5 elder scrolls games, and read the books as well. I've watched interviews with the devs of this game, and they seem to be VERY interested in staying true to the lore. I'm going to be very happy to explore the world of Tamriel for reasons of Lore and Immersion alone, and I'm sure a few hundred thousand other Elder Scrolls fans would agree with me. Although I question the long-term viability of the game because once people like me get their fill of the lore and the content, I won't be playing.

The combat is very irrelevent to me. I don't think elder scrolls as a series as ever really been about the combat, and more about choices, lore, and immersion. As long as they focus on that, it will be a fun game to burn some time.

Seeing as they have developed games usually for single player experiences only, I don't know how they will implement the MMO element to the game. Although it's a different studio it's still from the same company I think, it sounds like a good idea giving the some information on the series before everything happened. I'll see the review before getting it.

Seeing as they have developed games usually for single player experiences only, I don't know how they will implement the MMO element to the game. Although it's a different studio it's still from the same company I think, it sounds like a good idea giving the some information on the series before everything happened. I'll see the review before getting it.

As you said, it is not the same company. Not even the same people. Zenimax is a publisher, so its the same as activision. Black Ops vs Modern Warfare, etc.

But I doubt any of the events in the game will have any relevance to the current era, and if anything just tell us about the lore. We've heard a LOT about that part of the 2nd era, but haven't seen anything. There's about 100-200 years undocumented during the time the game happens, so in that regard they have a lot of freedom.

Yeah, we just have to wait and see what they will do in terms of how they develop the story and lore.

Honestly it sounds like they've been following GW2 development and are just stealing all they can from them. Weapon Swapping, check. Three factions, check. Limited skill slots, check. Skills change when you change weapons, check. No dedicated healing/tanking classes, check. One skill is an "ultimate", check. Skill combos, check.

It's going to have to be PRETTY DAMN GOOD to take anyone away from GW2 though... I don't think they can do it, since it basically sounds like it'll be the same damn game in first person. We'll see. I'm wholly unimpressed so far though. So lame. Why don't they like... make something themselves instead?

If the siege warfare is better than GW's, I might consider playing it, but from what I've read... I highly doubt it. ArenaNet is half the reason I'm excited for GW2, because they are transparent, they respect their fans, and they respond to feedback. Havn't heard anything about or from Zenimax really. Just compare their websites.

Plus pretty sure it'll have a subscription. Bam, already will have way less players than GW2. :p

Sorry I'm just so pumped for WvW, I think of the entire game as WvW sometimes. :p The only way it would draw me away is if it had some sort of really awesome true open-world PvP. But yeah, I guess we're just seeing a new paradigm in MMOs just like WoW was all those years ago. Difference is now it's changing for the better (hopefully)

I'm looking forward to the game. I heard they may used the same engine that was used in SWTOR (Hero engine) but either way I think the game will do ok since it F2P. I also think that Neverwinter online MMO will be awesome! Really looking forward to get my hands on that one, I check my email daily hoping to receive a beta key. :(

Top Bottom