What's new

Thovarisks PC Upgrade

Thovarisk

[Ragnarok was his name]
Hi guys/gals some unexpected $$ may be coming my way sometime soon and my computer being some years old now may need some perking up...
Current Stats:

Case modded CM HAF932

PSU: Thermaltake Thoughpower 700W

MOBO: MSI 890GXM-G65

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE [email protected]

Cooler: Antec Khuler Flow (kinda meh, don't buy one)

Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 2x4GB + Dominator DDR 1333 2X2

so total 12GB running @1333... (CPU can't handle 1600)

Video Card: Asus DirectCU II HD7870 (pretty sweet card actually)

HD: HDD 1TB@7800RP

ok now what do you guys think? found better options elsewhere? from experience?
all your input is welcome.

My tower doesn't have the room for that lol I do want some noctua case fans. Not that I need them my pc runs perfectly. Just something I always wanted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

everything looks great except the SSD's. when it comes to SSD's there are a lot of companies testing the speeds of their drives under unrealistic operating parameters which could damage the drive. because of this i always recommend lntell SSD's as i know for a fact they do not do this, and most other companies do. this means that a lot of drives will actually preform slower than advertised and the drives that are faster on paper might be slower in actuality.

on a separate note as far as mechanical keyboards go the most important feature is the key switches they are using. the common types are cherry MX blue, cherry MX black, cherry MX brown, and cherry MX red. the blue ones are what most people think of as the classic mechanical key and they work like this
CherryMXBlue.gif.pagespeed.ce.yvRi3lz0WG.gif
they have a bump that gives tactile feedback and audible feedback when the keystroke is registered so you do not have to push keys past that point. this is the type Euchale was talking about with that video. however if you want the tactile feedback without as much noise there are some really easy ways to get rid of almost all the noise. first you could select brown switches as they have a different setup that gives tactile feedback while not making nearly as much noise.
CherryMXBrown.gif.pagespeed.ce.fVVODzwb5W.gif
additionally some people will put small rubber gaskets between the switch and the key, this almost completely removes the noise that comes from the key bottoming out on the keyboard. i wont get into the details of the other kinds as you can simply look them up if your interested. but you should keep the different switch types in mind as that keyboard comes with blue brown or red switches. as far as the gaskets go the only keyboard company that will install them for you that i know of is WASD Keyboards, who make fully custom keyboards, but you could just buy and install them yourself relatively easily.

hope that helps.

Top Bottom