What's new

Times in the chat box are not correct.

TIG

I like GOOOOOLLLLD!
I checked my preferences and made sure my timezone was set correctly. I am set to Arizona -7:00 gmt. The times in the chat box seem to be set to eastern time. I made a post at 2:50am local time and it shows that it was posted 2 hours into the future.

I'm guessing its globally set to eastern time instead of individually set to each user's preferred time.

I checked my preferences and made sure my timezone was set correctly. I am set to Arizona -7:00 gmt. The times in the chat box seem to be set to eastern time. I made a post at 2:50am local time and it shows that it was posted 2 hours into the future.

I'm guessing its globally set to eastern time instead of individually set to each user's preferred time.
Yeah it's the way TiagaChat was implemented. As a PSTer, that has long bugged me as well.

I can look into mod'ing the addon to xform the date data before it hands it off for display (it's been on my list, but priority wise is trumped by achieves and the front page). Good to know that there's demand to have it fixed though!

FYI, relative times ARE correct (i.e., anything of the form "... ago"). Just all absolute timestamps in the chat are displayed in EST.

It's not something that NEEDS fixing imo, I just wanted to make sure you guys knew about it. Functionality is way more important than correct time stamps.

Top Bottom