What's new

Tools for the "Resistance" forum game

Jia

These requests would expand the poll setup/moderation options. I'm not sure if these requests are easy to implement or not though, but I figure asking can't do any harm, ^^

Customized polls:

Example #1: A poll is set up. The results are hidden, but the names of those who've voted thus far are displayed:
Poll:
Do you approve of Joe's suggested team?
  • Yes
  • No
Voted: Joe, Jill, Sarah
After all participants have voted, the poll creator has the option to make the results public. The participants' votes are displayed next to the poll's vote options:
Poll :
Do you approve of Joe's suggested team?
  • Yes: 4 (Joe, Bob, Jill, Andy)
  • No: 1 (Sarah)

Example #2: A poll is created. The results are hidden, but the names of the voters thus far are displayed:
Poll:
Do you want the mission to succeed or fail?
  • Success
  • Failure
Voted: Joe, Sarah
After all participants have voted, the poll creator has the option to make the results public - however, in this example the participants' individual votes are hidden:
Poll:
Do you want the mission to succeed or fail?
  • Success: 2
  • Failure: 1
Voted: Joe, Sarah, Jill

I'm trying to think of more ways to "automate" the game. The original game is GM-less, so given the right tools, the forum version could be made GM-less as well.

Do you anticipate coming up with more functionality requests? It'd help to have the full wish list to prioritize off of, especially given we're trying to get achievements out the door as soon as possible. :)

Yea, there will probably be another request or two. While the customized polls wouldn't make the game GM-less, they'd speed it up considerably and make it easier to run. The way I'm running it right now, I'll have at least 30 PMs in my inbox by the time the game's over.
But don't worry about it for now - achievements have priority, and I'll manage for the time being!

So basically you would just need our polling feature that could be used in a POST rather than a new thread?

I.E.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Poll # 6
Do you want this feature:​
YES​
NO​
_________________________________________________________________________________________

So basically you would just need our polling feature that could be used in a POST rather than a new thread?

I.E.
Poll # 6
Do you want this feature:​
YES​
NO​
Having it in a post would be absolutely perfect!

If the current poll setup options support the two scenarios that I described above, then yes, that's all I need. What's important is that our poll options support not showing you the results until the poll is actually closed. I think the way our polls work right now is that you're presented with the current results right after you've voted?

For example: Four people are on a mission, the first three vote "success". After the third person votes, he sees that everyone before him has voted success as well. The fourth guy hasn't been online since the poll has been put up, so when he logs in and votes "failure", the third guy will know that he's the spy. That's why I need the results to be held back until the poll is officially closed, so there's no knowing who voted what.

Having it in a post would be absolutely perfect!

If the current poll setup options support the two scenarios that I described above, then yes, that's all I need. What's important is that our poll options support not showing you the results until the poll is actually closed. I think the way our polls work right now is that you're presented with the current results right after you've voted?

For example: Four people are on a mission, the first three vote "success". After the third person voted, he sees that everyone before him has voted success as well. The fourth guy hasn't been online since the poll has been put up, so when he logs in and votes "failure", the third guy will know that he's the spy. That's why I need the results to be held back until the poll is officially closed, so there's no knowing who voted what.

Ahh that we dont have. We do have a way to hide names though

Top Bottom