What's new

Twitch streaming help

Baldoraxx

Internalizing Master Of Casual
So i stream mostly on my consoles and am still pretty new to it. So i was wondering how i get streaming with twitch to save my past broadcasts so i can upload them later to youtube or something along those lines? Does anybody have any ideas?

When i go to my profile under twitch and select past broadcasts there is nothing there.

With the PS4, I know that it is disabled by default. I'm not sure if they have enabled the ability to save the broadcasts yet or not with the native PS4 streaming.

Thanks, i think i might have found it under settings, channel and video is a section to automatically archive videos. It was not checked. It is now checked and when i stream later i will update this thread and let you know if this is the process to getting them to save.

Shortcomings in the Current System
The current system has a few notable limitations:
  • VODs are saved in FLV format, and platforms like mobile and console devices can’t playback that format.

What software are you using to stream? If you use OBS there is an option to record a local copy, which by default is an .flv but you can change it to .mp4.

This option does take up more disk space but is a nice way to avoid dealing with converting files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What software are you using to stream? If you use OBS there is an option to record a local copy, which by default is an .flv but you can change it to .mp4.

This option does take up more disk space but is a nice way to avoid dealing with converting files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's doing it by console, there are internal programs on them.

Yeah Console. From what i am reading they are still working on this for Xbox One and is still a work in progress ATM. It may or may not have worked when i checked the Archive files box. We shall see tonight

If he's doing it by console, there are internal programs on them.
Gotcha. In that case the archive and export to YouTube is probably the best option then.

If you do end up needing a converter for some reason, I used to use VLC media player. For a stream video though you should expect for it to take a few hours to convert depending on the length of the video and your computer.

Thanks! It stinks that you can't hear the people in party chat :( It isn't the same just listening to me. Missing out ona lot of good convo. Blah Xbox needs to patch this soon.

Thanks! It stinks that you can't hear the people in party chat :( It isn't the same just listening to me. Missing out ona lot of good convo. Blah Xbox needs to patch this soon.
You need to lower the resolution or fps you are streaming with. Your internet connection is not strong enough for what you are streaming at currently thus making any fast motion a blur.

Thanks!

Yeah my internet box is a full floor below me and my door is closed in my movie/gaming room so there is loss of signal making it up to my box. I don't notice it in game and can't check while i am playing so I only know when someone tells me in chat or here. This feedback helps me tremendously.

Because i have been looking into a WiFi relay port for my upstairs. This way i don't lose any signal. It should just take my existing signal and jump it further.

So now i need help, i am looking for a good wall-plugin WiFi extender that i can boost my wifi to my gaming room.

So now i need help, i am looking for a good wall-plugin WiFi extender that i can boost my wifi to my gaming room.

Apple. I know that sounds stupid. But the apple routers have the best signal strength out of all routers out there. However, streaming over WIFI is always going to bottleneck you. Anyway to get it into a hard wire? What is your Up and Down? To stream 720 at 60FPS you want at least 4MB up extra. Meaning an up of about 10-15

Top Bottom