What's new

Twitch streaming help

Streamed a little last night. Sheeld told me that I was still getting pixelated when I make high movements. So silly. I think I have a few culprits on why this is happening.

1: I am on the third floor, modem is on the 2nd.
2: Not hardlined into my modem.

My settings for quality are between low and medium at 881 kb. I think 1 and 2 are the reasons why I am still getting some pixelation.

Streamed a little last night. Sheeld told me that I was still getting pixelated when I make high movements. So silly. I think I have a few culprits on why this is happening.

1: I am on the third floor, modem is on the 2nd.
2: Not hardlined into my modem.

My settings for quality are between low and medium at 881 kb. I think 1 and 2 are the reasons why I am still getting some pixelation.

Yup. Cannot stream off wifi. Kinda a rule of thumb if you want high quality.

Yup. Cannot stream off wifi. Kinda a rule of thumb if you want high quality.

/sigh alright. Going to bring my box upstairs and see how bad the internet is on the first floor. :( 1st world problems of owning a three-story home.

If it isn't to terrible I'll keep the box upstairs and buy a relay box for bringing the wifi downstairs

Wifi is always going to bottleneck you. Why not try hard wiring it for a test stream. See if quality changes?

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

Brought my box upstairs and plugged it in....no internet...... took me a minute to realize why.

So when we first got TWC for our house we had to tell them which rooms we wanted cable in (bc of cost) I opted out of doing my movie/game room because I wouldn't watch cable in here. I would watch movies, Netflix, Amazon or some other form of media.

Now I need to contact TWC and get this fixed. I am however reserved about this because we still have cable <_< Maybe it is still on because our paid session isn't over yet but I am still hopeful.

We will see how it goes and I will keep you updated.

Top Bottom