What's new

Vacation in Florida, Any Advice?

Brigga

So next week my girlfriend and I are taking the kids to Florida for a week and hit up seaworld and some place called Old Town. I've never been. I mean I've been to Florida but it was the Daytona area. So if anybody has and advice on places I should go or visit while I'm down there let me know. I want to make the most my time while i'm down there.

So next week my girlfriend and I are taking the kids to Florida for a week and hit up seaworld and some place called Old Town. I've never been. I mean I've been to Florida but it was the Daytona area. So if anybody has and advice on places I should go or visit while I'm down there let me know. I want to make the most my time while i'm down there.

I assume you're going to be staying in Orlando or Kissimmee? Old Town is in Kissimmee and is pretty cool from what I've heard. I've got a ton of friends in Orlando/Kissimmee so I'm in the area pretty frequently, though I've never been to Old Town. It's good for kids and is a pretty popular vacation spot nearly all year round so expect a lot of people, though with school right around the corner you may luck out.

I would stay around the theme parks/tourist traps as Downtown Orlando can be pretty shady in places. If you do end up in downtown I'd recommend going to this restaurant called ETHOS. It's a vegan restaurant that has amazing food. Old Town is pretty self explanatory once you get there, it's got signs and places to hang out, etc. just like any tourist trap. It's hot as balls right now so I'd take a trip to blizzard beach, which depending on your hotel should have shuttles all day.

Regardless of what you do have fun in sunny Florida. If you ever find yourself in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area let me know and I can show you around. :)

Thanks loaf. We are staying in Kissimmee about 20mins from seaworld. Good advice about shady Orlando i'll keep that in mind if we go downtown and I'll try and get to ETHOS i love trying new foods.

I am and always will be a huge fan of Universal Studios, Orlando. Some of the best rides and shows I have seen at an amusement park. They also totally added a Harry Potter castle type thing with rides and all(though I haven't seen it yet). To bad you aren't going during october, the Halloween stuff they do there is absolutely amazing.

I went to Florida on my senior trip in high school. On the day that we spent the entire time on a boat, our chaperone didnt wear any sunscreen n his legs. They burnt to an ashen grey. Don't be that guy.

I went to Florida on my senior trip in high school. On the day that we spent the entire time on a boat, our chaperone didnt wear any sunscreen n his legs. They burnt to an ashen grey. Don't be that guy.

I most definitely don't plan to be "that guy"

Seaworld was my fav, then Universal studios. My least favourite was the Nasa space centre cos we had to get up qt 5am for an aborted launch. I was 11 at the time :p

Disney is always a nice one to go to, they have four different parks to play in, it can be expensive but the kids will love it. Depending on how old your kids are they might like universal studios, they just built a transformers ride, and island of adventure, which has a harry potter ride, they also have a show at universal called blueman group which I've heard good things about. Old town is fun I use to go all the time with my parents when I was little.

Top Bottom