What's new

Null and Void Vault 71 - Application - (I was kicked out of the first seventy)

Vault 71

What is your Name?
Thomas, and I am deeply disappointed that the next two questions weren't about my Quest and my Favorite Color
What is your Discord Name (name#1111) ?
Elycion#5284

I don't fit in well with the recent culture shift towards being perpetually offended. I've always felt the best policy was to do one's best to be kind, to assume offense is unintended, and to offer apologies when mistakes are made.
Do you have any friends who are Members? If so, who?
Not yet, but I'd like to work on that!
Why do you want to be a part of Crafting Worlds? (this is probably the most important one)
I'd like to experience what New World has to offer alongside companionable and hopefully like-minded people. I've spent many years in various games "solo in an MMO" and I'd very much like to find the friendship and camaraderie that I fondly remember from my EverQuest days.
I don't consider myself to be creative, although I do enjoy making useful things in my woodshop. I want to learn video editing, but thus far I've practically fallen asleep every time I try to wade through learning the software.
I'm old enough that my first game machine was a Pong console. I later moved on to the Atari 2600, Commodore computers, and IBM PC clones. I've never been much of a console player, but my household still has at least one of each major console, and multiples of some.

I've been a huge fan of TTRPGs since I got hooked on Dungeons& Dragons in the early 1980's. I still have a large collection of RPG books mostly focused on the World of Darkness setting, but including several other game systems.
What role do you find yourself falling into in games? (For example: PvP, PvE, Casual/Social, etc.)
I'm almost exclusively a PvE player. I'll join in group PvP at times, but only if the group is more interested in laughing at how terrible I am in PvP than they are in winning.
I'm a casual player who's more interested in exploring and seeing the story than I am in completing a dungeon in world record time.
I've been in guilds, both casual and hardcore, in several different games. There have also been a couple of times when I was fairly invested in forum communities, mainly based around gaming. My best experiences were undoubtedly the glory days of the EverQuest raiding guilds where our large and dysfunctional family would work together night after night as we raced for new achievements and rewards. Unfortunately some of my worst experiences were from the same situation when relationships would break down because most of us were far more focused on the in-game goals at the expense of all else. This is probably the main reason that despite having a competitive nature I'll never return to the raiding lifestyle in any game. Years later I find I'd far rather I had those friendships instead of the equipment that sits on a retired character in an unplayed game.
I enjoy being helpful to the group, it's one of my guidelines in life that you should always try to give more than you take. I'm a bit slow to feel socially comfortable, but usually become quite talkative once I know people well enough. Ideally if all things work out well and it's a good fit, the best thing I'd bring is my wife who will also be playing the game and is a far better person than I am.
I'm married to my high school sweetheart and have two grown sons and three dogs. We live in a small town North of the DFW metroplex in Texas and dream of relocating to Montana to get back into the mountains and away from all the crowds. I'm the world's second most boring person, but I will stop at nothing in my quest to be #1!

Thomas, and I am deeply disappointed that the next two questions weren't about my Quest and my Favorite Color
Shit I ALREADY like this one.

I don't fit in well with the recent culture shift towards being perpetually offended.
Just understand that while we do say thick skin, what we mean, is communicate with one another, not toss insults and also we are very accepting toward the change and shift in culture when it comes to how people feel and their needs. There is no "generation" that caused this or that, just change. And that is OK. Make sure that is OK by you, as sometimes this can be misconstrued as us being old and crotchety and unable to accept societies natural changes, but in fact we are embracing them and would consider any labeling of generations a violation of the Safe Space environment. :) <3

"solo in an MMO" and I'd very much like to find the friendship and camaraderie that I fondly remember from my EverQuest days.
Yeah these single player mmos are terrible! JOIN THE CULT!

seeing the story
You may be disappointed in New World on that front haha, but we all need to have hope that they will add more as it goes, cause it was a PvP game they dropped PvE over and not much of it. Their twitter movies and posts have more lore than the game itself haha.

Unfortunately some of my worst experiences were from the same situation when relationships would break down because most of us were far more focused on the in-game goals at the expense of all else
THIS SO MUCH THIS. A game is a game, we as the community are here forever! :)

Years later I find I'd far rather I had those friendships instead of the equipment that sits on a retired character in an unplayed game.
Well said.

I enjoy being helpful to the group, it's one of my guidelines in life that you should always try to give more than you take. I'm a bit slow to feel socially comfortable, but usually become quite talkative once I know people well enough. Ideally if all things work out well and it's a good fit, the best thing I'd bring is my wife who will also be playing the game and is a far better person than I am.
Wonderful.

I'm the world's second most boring person, but I will stop at nothing in my quest to be #1!
lol APPROVED! Welcome to the crafters!

Top Bottom