What's new

Warframe

OpenBeta_Wallpaper_1920x1200.jpg

I have been very much enjoying the free-to-play open-beta third-person shooter Warframe. It's a mission based game with up to four players doing co-op missions against one of three factions.

FactionsWallpaper_0.jpg

Not pictured: the Infected faction

Take a look here for some fairly representative in-game footage:

Note the mod system has been completely overhauled now. Mods are now droppable loot, making the game MMO. The game definitely has some bugs, but is getting patched every couple of days.

The new system looks like this:
1024x0.resizedimage

You pick up 'cards' as drops from enemies and fuse unwanted or duplicate mods into better versions.

The game has a variety of different mission types and objectives as you run through randomly generated maps towards your objectives. There are a variety of fun weapons to craft (or buy for real money if you're impatient).

1024x0.resizedimage

What can I say? It's free, it's a small download, and it's fun without the need to spend cash. Grab a friend and give it a try!

1024x0.resizedimage

Oh yeah, wall-running and jumping and other extreme acrobatics are a thing: you're space ninjas/samurai after all.

I grabbed this too. I played a mission with a "squad" and it was fun, but the customization confused me. I'll have to check it out again.

Basically, you fuse mods with the same name to improve them. You can fuse mods of different names, but they're less effective. There are also 'wild card' mods called fusion cores that exist just to improve others. You can put mods in your suit and in each of your weapons. Don't fuse-away your starting abilities - they're hard to get back!

Basically, you fuse mods with the same name to improve them. You can fuse mods of different names, but they're less effective. There are also 'wild card' mods called fusion cores that exist just to improve others. You can put mods in your suit and in each of your weapons. Don't fuse-away your starting abilities - they're hard to get back!
Hmm... This will probably end up as a project for me tomorrow afternoon after work. That or APB. lol

The weekend event is still on for another 9h or so! If you can get to the Europa system and kill ONE 'Fusion Moa' enemy you'll get 100k in-game credits and a blueprint for a unique warframe (Frost Prime). Should have mentioned this before now, but I totally forgot!

If anyone is really keen, I can load up Warframe and get you into a Europa mission without unlocking the missions on the way (but I am at work right now).

I've been playing around with it for a little bit. It IS open beta so things aren't exactly perfect. Considering it's free though it's good fun. Tilesets can get a little repetitive though...
I was thinking about posting about it here but it's finals week for me so it's not like I'd be around to play it or anything silly like that. It seems dire got there ahead of me.

Yknow I planned on doing more with this game, but when Neverwinter went live I haven't really touched anything else.

Yknow I planned on doing more with this game, but when Neverwinter went live I haven't really touched anything else.

Truth, NW has killed my other games. Warframe was fun for sure but I think our biggest complaint with it was that it was too easy.

I never really felt challenged, but the gameplay was so fun it almost didn't matter....almost

Thought I'd share the most recent update with everyone since I'm still playing and still enjoying it. It's pretty awesome - a new tileset and a new type of rare mission in the 'void' for unique rewards.
WARFRAME UPDATE 8 IS HERE!

Posted on 23/05/2013 - 13:58
U8-NewsItemPhoto.jpg

Update 8 is officially here and loaded with TONS of new content, including the highly anticipated Dojo, awesome new tile sets, and so much more!
THE DOJO: IN IT’S ALPHA PHASE, EMBRACE YOUR INNER NINJA WITH YOUR CLAN AND TEST OUT THE DOJO!
GRINEER GALLEON TILE SET: At last we reveal Grineer ships -- vast, rusted chambers with new vicious enemies
OROKIN VOID TILE SET: Explore the hidden, but dangerous, fortress of the Ancient Orokin
OVER 20 NEW WEAPONS: Energy weapons, Biological Toxins and High-Impact explosives await discovery!
NEW MODS: Including 3 created by the Design Council
PLUS, tons of FIXES & MORE!
Visit the forums for full Update Notes and watch our Update 8 video that covers all the features in more detail.
Time to form a Clan, Tenno!

Top Bottom